Author Topic: Maxton April Meet Whos Going?  (Read 21102 times)

Offline ronnieroadster

Maxton April Meet Whos Going?
« on: March 03, 2011, 09:36:49 PM »
Hi Gang. Well theres less than a Month to go before the April meet whos going?
  We are heading South with our home built Lakester looking forward to making a few more shake down runs. After such a brutal winter I can not think of a better way to celebrate Spring than making a full throttle pass on the Maxton monster mile.  :-)
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline MC 1314

Re: Maxton April Meet Whos Going?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 10:00:05 PM »
Bringing the itty bitty Honda. Heading north getting away from the wind.
It's just a case of too soon old and too late smart. Will Penny

Offline javajoe79

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 10:19:33 PM »
 I will be there with a friends brand new truck. It will be it's first outing and his first time driving at Maxton. We are running an S10 with much power!!! Hope for some good speed.
  Also some other friends will be there too. One with a pretty fast Jaguar and another with a nitrous firebird. Yall might remember them.
Coffey Fabrication and Race Prep
313 Wilhagan Rd Nashville, TN 37217
615-210-1605

https://www.facebook.com/CoffeyFabrication

Offline geezer1

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 10:30:17 PM »
We had our last chassis dyno session yesterday, with good numbers. One more thrash ahead on the tranny. "Maxton" front spoiler repair and the new GTA rear wing install are going on now. We're well on our way to escaping the snow and getting into the fire ants. See you in less than a month.

Geo Turner
Geezer Racing
Geezer Racing - (Turner/Herr/Mclellan/Acton/Pranger/Acton/Acton /McDonald/Hascall/Patul)
Trever is in at over 210!!!!!(17 yrs. old) Kyle is in at over 212!!!!! (16 yrs' old)
2 Wins in the Hot Rod Top Speed Challenge in Super Street 2014-2015
5 Different Geezer Drivers set records at Maxton, Loring, and Ohio
We also had the honor to have the fastest Innkeeper in Wilmington Ohio in the Geezer Express
Thank you ECTA and our great LSR Friends! Press On Regardless!!

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 11:07:32 PM »
Tomorrow/this weekend, I am Pulling the Stude around to the other side of  shop 2, to the lift so I can put her up in the air to change rear wheels and tires, change the oil, check all the steering and suspension bolts and joints etc... may re-gear the rear. Get the hauler ready and double check all my safety gear and equipment.

I may put some sort of air intake in the grill for some fresh air to the radiator and maybe to the carb ?  Still thinking ?

See you all in a few weeks.

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline roadracer

• TLN Motorsports/KWS/Brock's/DCW/Vortex/WWB
    • TLN Motorsports
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 07:39:54 AM »
Fingers crossed to be there with the ZX-10 and 6rr.  Things went from promising to a mad thrash with some big last minute set backs.  Hope to see everyone there. 
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6rr (Worlds Fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile)
2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R (4 200 MPH Clubs)
2008 Kawasaki EX-250R (Multiple ECTA and LTA records)
131 Land Speed Records set since 2008
125 Land Speed Racing records (including 3 Worlds Fastest Speeds) set since 2008.

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 08:26:47 AM »
Amy and I will be there but don't know about the camaro. Too many snow events and rain (No inside garage space, thats where the tools and parts live). :-P  But we are thrashing away. It will definently be there in May. :-D
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline LSR Mike

• First Pass-June 25, 2000; Muroc Dry Lake
    • Mike & Paula's Site
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 08:28:38 AM »
Looking to bump the record and see what all the fuss is about with Gryphon. did the Bluebirds get Kicked out also?
Mike M.
BNI/ECTA
ECTA Record Holder/Former Bonneville Record Holder

Offline sabat

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 10:02:17 AM »
The turbo ZX10 is ready, and I'll be tuning the nitrous ZX10 today to maybe bring as a backup.

My lovely wife Leslie and baby boy Ben will be joining me, looking forward to seeing everyone at the event and the banquet. 
:cheers:

Offline relaxedphit

• Organ Donor...refrigerate after opening
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 12:12:46 PM »
Not sure you folks from up north will be able to handle our lows in the mid 30's or highs in the mid 60's. Don't forget to bring your extreme weather gear.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2011, 01:06:58 PM »
Nancy and I intend to be at the April event to do our volunteer work but not race.  Neither bike is ready to race -- and even so, we'll probably only give the production ZX14 a single run or two for tuning - before heading to Bonneville this August.  Back to April -- we will not race unless someone invites me to take his bike down the track.  I'll probably therefore pack my leathers as a "just in case".  See you in a month, folks.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline geezer1

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 02:14:54 PM »
Not sure you folks from up north will be able to handle our lows in the mid 30's or highs in the mid 60's. Don't forget to bring your extreme weather gear.

It was in the 90's when we last visited in September. Sounds to me like "good air"!

Best Regards,

Geo Turner
Geezer racing
Geezer Racing - (Turner/Herr/Mclellan/Acton/Pranger/Acton/Acton /McDonald/Hascall/Patul)
Trever is in at over 210!!!!!(17 yrs. old) Kyle is in at over 212!!!!! (16 yrs' old)
2 Wins in the Hot Rod Top Speed Challenge in Super Street 2014-2015
5 Different Geezer Drivers set records at Maxton, Loring, and Ohio
We also had the honor to have the fastest Innkeeper in Wilmington Ohio in the Geezer Express
Thank you ECTA and our great LSR Friends! Press On Regardless!!

Offline Asub1

• New folks
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2011, 07:42:15 PM »

Actually sounds a bit like PA right now.   :-)

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2011, 08:56:21 PM »

Its going to be great feeling mid 60's temps. Heck in front of my shop theres still a mountain of snow its going to be June before this stuff goes away! Test driving the Lakester around these snow piles is a site to see. If the temps drop to low at Maxton I will just keep my fire suit on LOL
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline bearingburner

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2011, 09:21:37 AM »
The weather may be tough to take. Your lows are higher than our highs here in Western Mass.