Author Topic: street roadster_----gas roadster  (Read 8269 times)

Offline judgekiller

• New folks
street roadster_----gas roadster
« on: February 22, 2011, 09:42:47 PM »
If I had a legal street roadster could I run as a gas roaster  If not what would I have to change  I realize  I would be at a competitive disadvantage

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: street roadster_----gas roadster
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 09:54:38 PM »
Get a rule book, read the rule book, again and again, is it an SCTA legal street roadster or a street legal street roadster, lots of differences...
Stan... your turn.....  :-D
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 10:02:12 PM »
 :cheers:  :cheers: lol
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 10:03:52 PM »
I think Stan is busy filling out the protest forms.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 10:07:15 PM »
The rules have become a little stricter since this, but...yeah, you COULD do it.

http://www.hotrod.com/eventcoverage/hrdp_0212_bonneville_model_a_roadster/index.html

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 12:37:42 AM »
Remove the rear fenders and headlights from your hypothetical street roadster to run in roadster. 
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline judgekiller

• New folks
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 10:43:40 AM »
an scta legal street roadster yes

Offline jdincau

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 10:49:39 AM »
Remove the rear fenders and headlights from your hypothetical street roadster to run in roadster. 

Providing it is not a pre 1928 roadster
Unless it's crazy, ambitious and delusional, it's not worth our time!

Offline jww36

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 10:50:26 AM »
The big difference is engine set back. 25% for gas/fuel roadster and only 15% for street roadster.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 11:22:04 AM »
An even bigger difference is the driver set-back advantage of the Altered Roadsters over the Street Roadsters.  In Street Roadster, the driver must not sit back out of the stock passenger compartment.  In Gas and Fuel Roadsters, the driver can be farther rearward, allowing the driver to get down out of the air. 

The Dodge Boys with their V4F car set Street, Gas and Fuel Roadster records at one meet a couple of years ago.  You can search for them here.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Ron Gibson

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 11:26:45 AM »
In 1990, Tony Piner set a record with his A Street Roadster. The record was faster than the A Gas Roadster record.
He took off the headlights and fenders and re-entered as a Gas Roadster, then set a record in A Gas Roadster also.
Don't know if others may have done the same.

Ron
Life is an abrasive. Whether you get ground away or polished to a shine depends on what you are made of.

Offline mkilger

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 11:30:41 AM »
the word on the salt is that some one is building a street roadster to run 300 :roll:  good luck

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 11:34:44 AM »
That's getting harder to do.  Some say you're only competing against yourself in land racing.  While that may be essentially true, running in the B, C and D roadster (Street, Gas, Fuel and Modified) classes is running against a lot of hard-fought records with more competitors than most of the other categories.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 12:04:02 PM »
You can run a Street roadster in Modified roadster if you like. Some have done it and set records to establish something other than "open". Actually it inspires competition and I have no problem with it. Many "fuel" records have been set with gasoline as well.

As I read it and have read it, there are no requirments to run up in the roadster classes like in the coupe classes..All the rules as I read them say "you may" not "need"...This applies to belly pans. extended noses, wings. etc... You get the picture? ...Good Luck
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline JamesJ

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 12:11:50 PM »
the word on the salt is that some one is building a street roadster to run 300 :roll:  good luck

I agree, Good Luck