Author Topic: Newbie - Ohio  (Read 1914 times)

Offline 2010 Charger

• New folks
Newbie - Ohio
« on: February 19, 2011, 11:57:38 AM »
Hey Everyone.  I am knew to the Land Speed Racing and found your site while looking for locations of races around the country.

A little about myself and car.

36 years old and live in NW Ohio.  My daily driver is a 2010 Dodge Charger RT.  I've lowered it, and added a CAI and tune.  I am about half way thru installing nitrous on the car.  I did a bit of drag racing last year with a best time of 13.75 at 102 mph.  I want to take a stab at the mile / mile and a half races this year as well as local drag racing.

I'm trying to plan a trip to Maine for the Loring Race.  Is there a registration like Texas and will there be a limited number of racers??  I just don't want to miss out on registering.

Thanks for any advise and tips.  I will be on here more as I get the car ready for racing this year!!!

Jeff

Offline blackslax

• Loring Timing Association
Re: Newbie - Ohio
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 12:09:47 PM »
Hello Jeff,
This is Tim Kelly, one of the guys that runs the LTA.  Our website is LTA-LSR.com.  Registration is not yet open and we are finalizing the new rule book as we speak.  We will be opening registration in a couple of weeks or so.  It will be announced on teh site and here.  Look forward to seeing you on the mile and a half!

Tim
Tim Kelly
Race Director - LTA
www.loringtiming.com
People dont see the world the way things are, They see the world the way they are.

Offline 2K10 SS

• New folks
Re: Newbie - Ohio
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 06:02:24 PM »
  Your charger is capable of running speeds around 150-170mph with your speed limiter shut off.  Don't expect to run over the 135mph limit without the required safety equipment as noted on the home page.  They will not let you run over that.  If you do,without the proper tech sticker, they will make you park it.  Trust me, been there and done that.  So prepare your car for safety, then modify for more speed within your safety limitations.  Your biggest obstacle is a rollbar, required over 135mph.  Believe me, you are going to want to go faster than that :-D
        Mike
NEED FOR SPEED (164.9mph as of Loring 2010)
                        (186.9mph as of Loring July 2011)