Author Topic: The Facility Search....  (Read 19415 times)

Offline Worlds Fastest Comanche

Re: The Facility Search....
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2011, 03:36:48 PM »

Maybe SEMA or the PRI Guys  need a track for testing purposes.   Maybe they should get together and do a joint venture.   Probably should build it someplace warm and centrally located ( east of the Mississippi)   Tennessee sounds good to me.   
Peter Lechtanski
The Worlds Fastest Comanche Project

Offline relaxedphit

• Organ Donor...refrigerate after opening
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2011, 12:21:30 PM »
Dan, what do mean "we do buy tickets"? I thought it was cheaper to buy judges.

Offline A2WindTunnel

• A2 Wind Tunnel, LLC.
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2011, 02:26:26 PM »

http://www.spaceportamerica.com

Close to my home town of Las Cruces New Mexico they are building a space port. The runway is now compleat and is a concrete 200ft x 10,000ft.  As of now they are still in the construction stage of the project and don't know how the runway is being used or when, but might be worth Keith Turk looking into.

Dave

The answers are blowing in the wind...
www.A2WT.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/AERODYN-A2-WIND-TUNNEL/259986785465
@A2WindTunnel #A2WindTunnel

« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2011, 03:04:03 PM »

New Mexico is not exactly east coast.    It may be a little a little closer for some than Bonneville or Loring.
Peter Lechtanski

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2011, 04:58:45 PM »
NM would be great for us Arizonans  :lol:

Regards, Neil   Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline SaltRat

« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2011, 06:35:02 PM »
Mr. Turk said he wanted more than 10,000 ft.

32 40.342  107 00.643 is the freeway exit - runway should be a little ways east.

I guess I don't understand why Wurtshwouroierwiowe has beeen used, but can not be used again? (michigan).  part of my dysfucktional nature, i guess.

anyway, i would vote for NM spaceport - its only 1 days drive away . . . .

http://www.spaceportamerica.com

Close to my home town of Las Cruces New Mexico they are building a space port. The runway is now compleat and is a concrete 200ft x 10,000ft.  As of now they are still in the construction stage of the project and don't know how the runway is being used or when, but might be worth Keith Turk looking into.

Dave

SaltRat
When (if?) this baby hits 88mph, you'll see some serious poo.

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2011, 08:06:01 PM »
As I recall Maxton from starting line to u turn at the end on long shutdown is 10,032 feet  +/- a few feet.

So seems like 10,000 feet would be fine,, more would be better.

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2011, 10:03:54 AM »
NM space port - 1 days drive?? 5 days from here  :-(
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2011, 10:37:14 AM »
I don't know, The East Coast timing association having an event in New Mexico seems a little strange.    Maybe make a "No Coast Timing Association".    

There is a different thread talking about a Midwest venue, and Wurtsmith is discussed over there.   The Airport general manager is very opposed, and they have a covenant that does not allow people on the grassy areas around the runways because of possible unexploded ordinance.  This would eliminate spectators.      

A great place would be Scott AFB.   Currently half of the of the base has been turned over to civilian use, and the other half is in use by the Aifr Force.    Because the 2 runways are parallel it may be possible to close the civilian side and have planes use the AF runway if need be.    My feeling is that Mid America airport will not prove to be a viable commercial concern and will close in the next few years.  This would make the facility available for other uses    Here is a link to the MidAmerica airport.

http://www.flymidamerica.com/

http://www.globalair.com/d-TPP_pdf/00046ad.pdf
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 10:41:11 AM by Worlds Fastest Comanche »
Peter Lechtanski

Offline Bootleggerjim

• Raced Front Motor Cars on Nitro many years
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2011, 11:06:49 AM »
A little reassurance would be nice....Maxton is only a 4 hour tow for me......That's about all I can afford....much more and someone will be getting a sweet deal on the 50.......
I'm an addict with a 2 tire a day habit..........

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2011, 11:11:31 AM »
unexploded ordinance would definitely eliminate spectators :-o :-o :-o
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2011, 11:15:12 AM »
A little reassurance would be nice....Maxton is only a 4 hour tow for me......That's about all I can afford....much more and someone will be getting a sweet deal on the 50.......

Bootleggerjim, I'm in the same boat. Folks are just thowing ideas around tying to help. Think EAST COAST every one :-)

Offline fastman614

« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2011, 12:40:18 PM »
I have a question about this- an idea was floated earlier about building a facility.

Does anyone know of the whereabouts of a disused facility that could be purchased and refurbished  for this use- as well as a lot of other Monday to Friday uses for which revenue would be paid to the facility owners/shareholders....

Form a closed end investment fund (an open ended one would work too if the fund was mandated to build other facilities as more money became available) that finances the facility.... carry no debt and pay a dividend to the shareholders.... Incorporate and structure the fund so that it CANNOT have control gained by outside interests (read this as land speculating racketeers) at some future date unless a predetermined massively huge percentage of shareholders vote in favor of it and the offer is so huge that new facilities can be bought with the proceeeds...

It would be, in nature, venture capital at the outset, but the idea has merit..... personally, I would be interested in a long term investment such as this could prove to be.

Is there anyone who races with the business sense and knowledge to make it happen?.... a take off of the old adage is that if you build the facility, the racers will come...
No s*** sticks to the man wearing a teflon suit.

Offline relaxedphit

• Organ Donor...refrigerate after opening
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2011, 12:56:11 PM »
I've seen some mention of a place near Kinston, NC. Is this the Global Transpark ? This facility is funneling taxpayer money down the crapper and by projection will be entirely bankrupt by sometime in 2012. The runway was extended to 11,500', but too late after GATT and NAFTA. Some folks down here still run the custom "GTP###" license tags-I don't know why. They ought to be open to weekend carnivals, worm races or anything to help recover something for us dear taxpayers.

Offline Bootleggerjim

• Raced Front Motor Cars on Nitro many years
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2011, 01:02:32 PM »
I'm sure things will work out....
I'm an addict with a 2 tire a day habit..........