Fundraising, For sale, and Wanted > For Sale by Private Parties

High Quality USA Made Bear Claw Latches Cheap, Large and Small sizes

(1/1)

38Chevy454:
I needed some bear claw latches for my car. Could not find any that were good quality and decent price. So I found a US made, high quality large size bear claw latch and bought enough to get a decent price and share with people. I have two sizes:  Large latch size is 4.5 tall x 1.75 wide x 0.75 thick, the std large size bear claw latch.  Small latch size is 3.88 inches tall x 1.25 wide x 0.80 thick, and is the standard mini size bear claw latch. If you have thin doors like a roadster or need a smaller size latch, then these are for you.

These meet Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, which means they are OEM quality. Not some aftermarket made in China crap. Zinc plated for corrosion resistance and have dry film lube for smoother operation.

The large size are 2-position 2-arm catch for extra security. When you release the latch it helps push the striker bolt out and the door open when they release - no door popper needed. I ordered them with an extra long arm 2.5 inch from pivot to hole, so they are easy to pull open or adapt to your needs. The four holes are threaded 1/4 x 20 (1/4 coarse) thread for easy mounting. I ordered new striker bolts with the latches, they have 7/16 x 14 (7/16 coarse) threaded stud.  If you can fit it, the large size is a more substantial latch and is my recommendation if you can.

Pic below has the top latch in the halfway closed position. Bottom latch in fully closed position.

Pic below shows the striker bolts in the fully closed and halfway positions

The small size are 2-position single arm catch for extra security. When you release the latch it helps push the striker bolt out and the door open when they release - no door popper needed. The release arm is 1.25 inch from pivot to hole in the arm, so they are easy to pull open or adapt to your needs. The three holes are threaded 1/4 x 20 (1/4 coarse) thread for easy mounting. I ordered new striker bolts with the latches, they have 3/8 x 16 (3/8 coarse) threaded stud. These are designed for lighter doors up to 75 lbs and are not as heavy duty as the large latches, but still a very high quality latch in a smaller size.

Pic below has the top latch in the fully open position. Bottom latch in halfway closed position.

Pic below shows the striker bolts in the fully closed and halfway positions

Pic below shows side view

You can buy the same thing for a lot more money elsewhere. I am not making any serious profit or trying to go into the bear claw business. Just helping friends and making some car project money. $30 for a pair of bear claw latches and striker bolts plus $6 shipping in USPS flat rate small box. Total is $36 shipped in US. The pair is one left and one right, mirror image of each other.

I can fit 2 pairs (4 total latches and 4 striker bolts) in the box for the same $6 shipping, but it is tight. Total is $66 shipped in US. International is $14.45 shipping to Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Sweden, etc for one or two pairs. Canada is $12.45 shipping for one or two pairs.  I have shipped many sets to international, not a problem for me.

You will not be disappointed in these. Good high quality US made latches for your door. These do not need a high force or high power solenoid to open. Please email me at Mr.BearClaw@yahoo.com or use PM and contact me if interested. I can take paypal or MO's. I can also mix your order with one large pair and one small pair if you want. Please specify what size latches you want since I have two sizes. I will pay a portion of the proceeds to John for the site, although I am selling these for not much more than cost so John will be able to run the site for a couple days if lucky  :-D   Thanks, Terry

I have sold many sets on HAMB and you can see some feedback form many satisfied customers here:
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492615

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version