Author Topic: current project  (Read 24139 times)

Offline GH

current project
« on: February 04, 2011, 08:34:59 AM »
Here is the latest project I am spending my time and money on. It will be used to tow a wooden boat that I plan on building after I sell the Studebaker.     Sorry, it will not let me put the photos on.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 08:38:43 AM by GH »

Offline hotrod

• Black Horse photo
Re: current project
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 11:53:11 AM »
There is a maximum size limit on photos you can attach, down size the photos or save them as jpg with a higher compression level (lower quality setting).
Or only load one or two images at a time to avoid hitting the limit and spread the images over several posts.

Larry

Offline GH

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 02:21:27 PM »
When I try to post photos it tell me I already a file with that name. I have run into this before when wording GMC.

Online Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 04:09:54 PM »
Yea it will do that.  Make sure your pics are less than 500K total for what you are posting.  Rename all of the with a 1 at the back or front and try it again.  I hate to say it but a couple of times I made it to 3 on the rename before I got them in.... You or anyone may have posted a file with that name.... shoot for something uncommon...
You going sailing with Sumner or building a power boat, I know you told me in the pits, I just don't remember
 :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline RichFox

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 05:35:10 PM »
Now you need to edit your photos and change the name. Usually I just give up when this happens to me. Depends on how much I want to post the photos.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 06:14:18 PM »
I'll offer this same suggestion again.  If you've got photos that you want to post here (or elsewhere, for that matter), put them up on one of the photosharing sites -- such as photobucket.co or flickr.com or such.  They don't have the limitations that this Forum does -- in that size doesn't matter (they're not girls) and duplicate names or numbers aren't any bother.  Once the photo is on one of those sites it's very easy to copy it to the forum and doesn't take up any space at all -- other than the line of code letters and numbers that coprises the "address" of each photo.

If you really want to post some and give up completely on trying to figure out how to do it -- send me a note and I'll be happy to walk you through it - or, in some really nasty cases, do it for you.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Online Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 09:42:14 PM »
Slim, the problem with the photo sites is evident throughout this and every other forum.  It seems the photos disappear and a red X appears because the link is broken... Did the pictures drop off, the user not keep current, who knows but you see it all the time.  I don't know can you archive them from another site?
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 08:53:04 AM »
I will allow as to how you may be right, Stainless -- but how often has it happened here?  Not many times, and I do look at each and every post.  And how often has it happened to photos I put up there?  Dang near never, as I do keep my paid membership up to date.

I've had a few disappear when the Photobucket naughty-photo machine decided that you shouldn't (for instance) see THAT photo of Nancy's tattoo.  But by and large it hasn't been an issue as far as I know.

But in theory you've hit on something valid.  I don't put photos into the Photogallery vie Photobucket, for instance, because the gallery demands permanence.  But also -- we don't have any size or quantity limits there.  The Forum software does have limits.

As for other photo-sharing sites (Flickr, Kodak, etc) -- I don't have much experience so can't recommend or decry them, other than I do know that Kodak requires some signing-up to do more than merely view them (my daughter puts the baby pictures there).

So I'll continue to use PB and will continue to be careful about shots that I insist must remain for the long term.  If there's a way around the Forum's limitations -- I don't know of it.  Maybe Jon Amo could figure out one -- and if he does (you reading this, little A?) I hope he'll share it with us.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline GH

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 03:20:33 PM »
Stainless1, I wouldn't be able to make a boat go where I want it to without some power, not sail power. It is going to be a 17' ski type boat, will buy the plans from a company by the name of Glen-L. I have a 115 Merc that I bought in 1978, but it has very few hours on it. The photos went through this time....
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 03:22:54 PM by GH »

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 07:37:32 PM »
Looks and sounds like fun, Gary!
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline GH

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2011, 05:03:43 PM »
Here's some more shots of the progress. I am using a throttle body for an exhaust cut out that will have a cable attached.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 05:07:09 PM by GH »

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 09:07:41 PM »
That had me confused.  It looked like some very strange dual carb setup.  Now it makes sense.

Offline GH

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 09:19:42 AM »
Here's a better shot of the throttle body cut-out.

Offline GH

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2011, 09:53:34 AM »
Scott  Clark (dieselgeek) and Mike H. are coming down next weekend to help finish the wiring and get the GMC started. I can't wait to hear it run, I've never heard a turbocharged 6 banger run before.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2011, 10:46:53 AM »
probably want sound much like a banger  :-D
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!