Author Topic: Rotary Engines  (Read 10844 times)

DocBeech

Re: Rotary Engines
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2011, 09:46:54 PM »
 :-( I liked Jimmy before he ever won a race. I have stuff from his rookie year but really started following him every race in 2002. Y'all be nice, you had your chances to pick and you chose other drivers. I just hope you didn't choose cry baby stewart :P

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2011, 05:13:24 PM »
Other than safety...every proposed rule I have seen in over 30 years was to do one of 2 things. PERIOD.

#1. give the writer, or his buddy so no one would know, an advantage. The rotary rule is no different it's just this year it got by and like Nathan says we shall see if it is was correct.

#2. eliminate someone who , if was felt by someone, HAD an advantage as the rules were currently written and make them leave or quit...Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't...... :-D

I think in this case this rule change fixes a disadvantage that has existed for many many years.  I'd say the playing field has now been leveled.  It never made sense to me to have a 80 cid motor run against a 250 cid motor.  Same reason we have gas and fuel classes and blown and unblown classes now. 
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2011, 02:06:41 PM »
Doc....I have always been a "Jimmy" fan since he came out of the short tracks of lower So Cal. He along with Tory are my picks every year.

Nathan...If we see that most "F" class records are heald by rotorys in the next years we will know that the advantage just changed from "against" them to "for" them. Like back a few posts; it's a wait and see....
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro