Author Topic: WTB ROLLING CHASSIS/PARTS FOR OPEN WHEEL REAR ENGINE LSR  (Read 5619 times)

Offline tachman

• New folks
WTB ROLLING CHASSIS/PARTS FOR OPEN WHEEL REAR ENGINE LSR
« on: January 19, 2011, 01:05:51 PM »
I'm looking to get started on a bucket list project to run at Bonneville . I have a power train/ transmission/electronics etc but need a car. I would like help finding a rear engine open wheel car that will tech 250+. I prefer an open cockpit (claustrophobic).
I will look at anything from a frame to a complete roller and/or parts required.
If you have a car or know someone who does please have them call me . My toll free number is 866-963-6016 or email tim(at)c-a-i.net
I'm in western Canada and will travel

Thanks for the space  Tim

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: WTB ROLLING CHASSIS/PARTS FOR OPEN WHEEL REAR ENGINE LSR
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 01:56:56 PM »
Hey, girls and boys, do what you can do to help Tim get going.  He's just sent me an email asking about advertising rates for landracing.com.  I appreciate his courtesy - and hope that he decide to spends a couple of bucks each month to have his "Sky Drive GPS speedometer" displayed.  The lr.com bank account is kinda thin right now, as it seems to get each winter, so his $$ will be very welcome.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 09:32:55 PM »
Well, Tim, better get that ad going- I need a gps speedo! :-D
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline tachman

• New folks
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 11:24:17 AM »
Jon and I are working out the details of the ad and it should be up soon.
A clarification , I don't make a GPS speedometer but rather Skydrive makes any electric speedometer a GPS speedometer. Have a look at my site www.thetachman.com.
I hope I,m not out of line putting my web site out there Jon. If so delete this post
thanks Tim
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 12:04:56 PM by tachman »

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 11:44:25 AM »
I don't think anyone's going to have any problems with posting it. You've taken the right approach by consulting Jon.

Welcome aboard. We'll look forward to a build diary somewhere down the line.

Pete

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 12:08:45 PM »
Jon and I are working out the details of the ad and it should be up soon.
A clarification , I don't make a GPS speedometer but rather Skydrive makes any electric speedometer a GPS speedometer. Have a look at my site www.thetachman.com.
I hope I,m not out of line putting my web site out there Jon. If so delete this post
thanks Tim

SpeedHut.com sells them as well, comp. in price to a standard electronic speedo.
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline dw230

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 12:31:09 PM »
I don't have a recent issue of the Bonneville Racing News. Maybe someone that does could take a look at the classifieds and see if there is something in there that would fit the bill.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 12:58:50 PM »
Tim's right -- that he and I and Bob, the webelf, are putting together some advertising for his products.  Since I'm hoping/expecting that he'll become a paying sponsor -- it's okay by me, for sure, for sure, that he puts the link to his website in a post on the Forum.  As for other products that'll do something similar -- sure -- shop 'em all.  What I ask is that if you're in the market for something that Tim sells -- give him the courtesy of looking at his stuff.  That's all I can promise when I sell ads -- it's up to his products and himself to sell you the item.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 05:04:21 PM »
Contact Marlo Treit he has a lakester for sale complete deal. has been very fast  mtreit@aol.com
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline tachman

• New folks
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 10:33:01 AM »
Thanks for the tip Glen.
I had a long talk with Marlo last night and that's quite a car you put me on to. I told Marlo that when we came back from Bonneville in 2000, after getting my first exposure to the salt, I new I wanted to come back with a car.
I studied the records and saw the A fuel lakester record looked soft to meat 297 compared to the other lakester records until I saw the name Treit Davenport beside it. Les Davenport being one of the sports top engineers and tuners I new there was nothing soft about that record. The neat part is the car you tipped me to is that very car. Neat stuff  thanks again

Offline fastman614

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2011, 01:00:22 AM »
Tachman,
Where in western Canada are you at?.... We have 2 lakesters- one is currently being run.... the other was bought a a future project but it is sitting in my brother's shop right now.... it may be available on on lend/lease basis especially if what you have for running gear is record potential stuff....

I am from Vernon, BC... the car in question is in Chilliwack, BC .....get back to me at fastman614@gmail.com

Now, unfortunately for me mostly, I am in Sept Iles Qubec right now overseeing a repair project at an iron ore processing plant -and it looks like I will be here for about 8 more weeks.... but I can steer you to my brother if you are interested
No s*** sticks to the man wearing a teflon suit.

Offline roadster589

• GOD SPEED GARY
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011, 10:00:22 PM »
Contact mike Sr / mike Jr at cook Motorsports we have one proven 250 mph car and another that the chassis all done,numbers or in rule book or email me darkhorse2funnycar@ yahoo.com good luck two you
Mike cook jr

Offline roadster589

• GOD SPEED GARY
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2011, 10:06:33 PM »
Sorry (951) 278-9837 shop phone
Mike cook jr