Author Topic: Anthony Young's C/FRMR  (Read 27150 times)

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Anthony Young's C/FRMR
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 07:59:37 PM »
Anthony and Glen --

I've sort of lost track of where I dropped off when posting the last batch of photos, so maybe I've missed one (or more), maybe there's a duplicate here.  Let me know - or send me some more if you'd like me to post them.  I'm storing them up on photobucket (the Seldom Seen Slim Bonneville 2010 folder) if any of youse guys want to see all of the pics from this past SW.

Oh, crap -- I think I got lost during that little session of swapping photos around, including maybe I deleted some when moving them from one album to another on Photobucket.  Anthony or Glen -- let me know which ones just disappeeared (if you can figure it out) and I'll put 'em back.  To the rest of you:  Let this be a lesson to you -- that you shouldn't believe in the omnipotence of the guy that owns the website.  I'm just a racer that types really fast, okay?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2011, 08:03:43 PM »
Ah, for instance, here's a nice close up and a few others, again of which some might be dupes:

And here's a photo of the culprit that's responsible for the car (I think this is Anthony):

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Online jl222

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2011, 08:23:25 PM »

I hope his hi-dollar ISP helmet pads pass the new SCTA helmet support rules [mine don't]

JL222

Why not ?  When helmet is in there should be less than 2" per side movement including deflection ??
JL222  what is not legal there ? or on yours ?

Hopefully Anthony's is OK but mine, as his, tapers towards the front were there is no longer 2'' side to side but less.
  I can fix mine by mounting it foward more and mikeymouseing it in and giving me less room to get out.

Offline Richard 2

• 2 Richards Racing
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2011, 09:03:48 PM »
What type of tranmission is that. I'm sure I should know but I don't.
Thanks Rick
219.648 mph F/BFMR 2010 Record
4 cylinder Esslinger
Could of had a V8

Offline anthony young

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2011, 09:09:41 PM »
quick change 2 speed  doug nash

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2011, 09:21:14 PM »
Welcome, Anthony.  I hope you'll find time to visit this site and the Forum as time goes by - and you do more work on the car.  We'll always look forward to seeing the photos -- and of course, to seeing it and you on the salt.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Tman

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2011, 09:22:44 PM »
Good looking car Anthony, please keep the info and pictures coming!

Offline anthony young

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2011, 09:25:47 PM »
on side clearance is approx .750 thruout the isp padding per side, the aluminum that isp sent me for the top i could not use, i had to make my own due to that my cage being deep for extra protection ,your helmet is way into the cage  thanks anthony
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 12:22:42 AM by anthony young »

Offline anthony young

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2011, 10:50:12 PM »
that picture is of my freind mike diaz he helped me with the car ,the race car will be the fogliadini ,diaz and young entry .more pictures to follow as the car is complete with body
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 01:08:15 AM by anthony young »

Offline Bville701

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2011, 11:30:01 PM »
Anthony, It's a great looking car! You've done a great job! I can't wait to see it on the salt!    :cheers:
Ryan LeFevers

701 C/GMR - 216.509 MPH El Mirage Record Holder

El Mirage "Dirty 2" Club Member

Online jl222

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2011, 01:09:07 AM »
quick change 2 speed  doug nash

Anthony ...does Doug Nash make a bigger input shaft than the stock chev. We twisted one and twisted the replacement in two. Thats when we went to the Owens with overdrive and bigger shaft. We never had a problem otherwise. The gears looked brand new with no metal in oil and no problem with quick change gears,

JL222

Offline anthony young

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2011, 03:10:22 AM »
i do not know for sure, but i dought that this style of trans comes with a larger dia shaft, i bought this trans from john rank , he used it in his modified he went to a 4 or 5 speed i know that everything was coated incl the gears. the first time that i have an issue with this trans i will put a lenco or owens most likely an owens ,lets see if it will pull a gear under a load ,also we can always make a larger dia shaft we will see  thanks anthony     
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 03:21:13 AM by anthony young »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2011, 08:46:03 AM »
can't wait to hear that baby pulling hard on the big end--you guys are in for some fun times  :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline mkilger

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2011, 10:32:20 AM »
Anthony, bitchen car man cant wait see you make a pass at elmo. what about a 270 pass??  :-o   

Online jl222

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2011, 03:20:59 PM »
i do not know for sure, but i dought that this style of trans comes with a larger dia shaft, i bought this trans from john rank , he used it in his modified he went to a 4 or 5 speed i know that everything was coated incl the gears. the first time that i have an issue with this trans i will put a lenco or owens most likely an owens ,lets see if it will pull a gear under a load ,also we can always make a larger dia shaft we will see  thanks anthony     

Owens might be able to make a bigger shaft if you have problems, its nice to have the quick change gears to get the gearing
above 2.5 to 1. and what ever gearing you need. One Owens unit [2 speed] with overdrive measures 13''  front of case to bearing support end + 31/2'' output shaft which can be shortened. If you need a spare doug nash, I have one with a shortened input shaft :-D
  Also the Owens overdrive doesn't shift its always in overdrive.

JL222