Author Topic: Upcoming Events B'ville Northwest Reunion  (Read 9877 times)

Offline Freud

Upcoming Events B'ville Northwest Reunion
« on: January 13, 2006, 12:53:09 AM »
I'd like to extend an invitation to attend Bonneville Northwest Reunion in Portland, OR, Saturday  FEB 18th, 2006.
This will be the 5th banquet. It has grown from 86 people the first year to 137 in 2005.
It's a great benchracing session for anyone interested in LSR and an excellent time to bring your wife or female companion. It is my intention to make ladies welcome. They have their own cash drawing and a flower for everyone of them.
The hotel was chosen to make the ladies comfortable. Frequently they feel left out when with the racers but not at this event. Ask someone that has attended.

This year Burke LeSage will be our speaker. He started going to the salt in 1951 and can present his experiences in a humorous manner. He will admit to experiences that many of us have had but would never "'
fess up to" in mixed company. Recently SEMA presented him their highest annual award, SEMA Hall of Fame. Fewer than 20 people have enjoyed that honor.

Last year we had 10% of the people who are in the 300 MPH chapter of the 200 club and many red hats.

The cost is $48 per person. It is held at Shilo Inn, Portland Airport site, Saturday Feb 18th. Doors open at 5:30 PM but the lobby is full during the afternoon.

If you have questions, you can call me at 425-337-4558 or e-mail to fotofreud@aol.com.

There are still seats available. Check the listing on the main page of Landracing.com.

Glenn Freudenberger
Since '63

landracing

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 01:05:51 AM »
THis is one great party Freud puts on.... I have only missed one and im mad that I did...

Worth it people come on out for night with Bonneville Racers before race season starts. Burke Lesage should be a very interesting speaker on his trial and tribulations.  How many times have you went to the races and never got around to chat with people. This is a great time to do it before race season... Freud makes it a very strong point to notice and recognize the ladies.. This is for them... How many race seasons were for you??? Give her this one event to feel special at the Banquet... Rooms are very nice too....

Lots of drinking afterwords too....

Jon

Offline Freud

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 01:23:34 AM »
in  2003 Jon sent me an e-mail on Friday evening and said he wouldn't make it. Saturday morning he appeared in the lobby looking lost. He found a last minute bargain flight and that got him "hooked." He must have bragged too much because now his Keilani comes with him.

You can corner him and pump questions at him. I think he stays up all night. Friday night can be a blast and Saturday night frequently overflows into Sunday morning.

I guarantee if you have some large diameter 300 MPH tires, you can sell them there.
Since '63

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
upcoming events
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 01:04:25 PM »
For those who haven't joined us in the past, this is really a fun event. In the past Freud has set up side trips to the Evergreen Air & Space museum and other side trips. The Evergreen is something everyone shoud visit if you have any interest and mechanical love from early to modern aircraft.
The Banquet has a lot to offer and great friendships renewed and the chance to visit away from the pit area. No interuptions from real racing to bench racing from the best in the northwest plus a few of the lower states.
It gets better each year. The food is the best over any other banquet I have ever attended. Hope to see some new people this year. Come join us.

Used up Timer Glen
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

landracing

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 11:40:42 AM »
Just a bump on this thread, the registration date is coming to a close soon. Here are the details again.

5th Annual B'ville NW Banquet that will be held

FEBRUARY 18, 2006
11707 NE Airport Way
Portland 97220

The cost for this years event is $48.00 per person. This includes a mandatory 18% gratuity imposed by the caterer.
After February 4th the cost goes up to $55.00.
There will be a registration limit of 150 for this event.
DOORS OPEN AT 5:30 PM

REGISTRATION CUT OFF DATE is FEB 11th. It will be by pre-registration only. No at the door registration. A flower and cash drawings for the ladies attending.  

Check or Money Order payable to:
Bonneville Northwest Reunion.
11113 37th DR SE
Everett, WA 98208

If you have any questions send me an e-mail
Fotofreud@aol.com
or call or FAX  425-337-4558. Cell fone 425-422-6944
I'll get back to you within 24 hours.

The featured speaker is Burke LeSage, 29 Palms CA. Burke's first trip to Wendover was in 1951. His experiences have been many and varied. He entered the 200 MPH Club in 1963 after qualifying two different cars and made it on his Saturday morning pass.  

Shilo Inn
RESERVATIONS 503 252 7500
National 1-800-222-2244

We have a block of rooms held for us at a reduced rate. I suggest you call the Portland location, and be certain to mention that you are affiliated with the B'VILLE NORTHWEST REUNION. This rate covers several days before and after the event.

Refund policy.Up to Feb 4th all but $5 will be refunded. After February 4th, no refunding.

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU
Thanks,

Glenn Freudenberger
11113 37th DR SE
Everett, WA. 98208

landracing

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2006, 11:41:37 AM »
We would like to see all of you there,,,, lets get a roll call on who is going..

From the Denver area we have myself, Keilani and John Gowetski (Team 1000 Lakester)

Jon

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
upcoming events
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2006, 11:50:39 AM »
Jon
Barrett from Utah, Cris and Ed Sheraer, Utah, Oppermann Los Angeles,
Bill & Tammy McDowell from Oregon.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

landracing

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2006, 11:55:46 AM »
I also know of Seth and Tanis Hammond, Jeanie and Husband Pflum, Lee Guftason and wife, the McDonald and Pitts Team, and the Danny Boy Apples team...

Get your registration is its going to be a great time...

Jon

Offline smitty2

• Worlds fastest miniature Pachyderm.
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2006, 12:25:07 PM »
Hey all!
 I had a great time last year, and got to meet some of my hero's. I highly recomend this event plus the food was great! Many thanks to Freud for putting this bash together.
 I'm going to be "stuck" in Mexico this year, so I'll have to miss this one but you can be assured I'll be there next year!

Thanks again Freud!...         Smitty :D

Offline Freud

Banquet Registration
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2006, 11:33:01 AM »
The cut off date for registration for the B'ville NW Banquet is FEB 11th.
The cutoff date is established by the catering department of the hotel. So if you plan to attend you need to get your money in the mail. The cost now is $55 per person. The early registration of $48 ended February 4th. If you need to talk to me about registering, call 425-337-4558 or cell fone 425-422-6944.
To register for a room, call Shilo Inn, Portland Airport location,
RESERVATIONS 503 252 7500
I hope to see you there.

FREUD :lol:
Since '63

Offline Freud

2006 B'ville NW Reunion
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2006, 11:17:54 AM »
Today is the cutoff for registration for the 2006 banquet. If you have not registered and wish to, call me BEFORE SUNDAY NIGHT. I can slide it in as a Saturday registration.
There is space available and it's a great "salt fix" without going to Wendover in the middle of winter.
425-337-4558   or cell 425-422-6944

FREUD  :lol:
Since '63

Offline Richard Thomason

• http://www.dannyboystreamliner.com
nw reunion
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2006, 04:46:09 PM »
I assume that there will be ample salt for all. Plus good food and conversation. All four from our crew will be there with "bells" on. You may take that any way you wish.
rht

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
upcoming events
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2006, 06:28:42 PM »
Richard
Ties are not required, the bells are optional. Be good to see the Apple bunch
Glen
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Freud

Portland Banquet and Intoxication Index Test
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2006, 10:18:48 PM »
The registration is NOW CLOSED for the banquet. Hotels get tougher and tougher to deal with. There were a few seats left but the time line for the catering department was stretched to the max to allow some people to enter that registered last Thursday and Friday. With the deadline being Saturday I was allowed  to report back to them Monday morning.

The date for 2007 is FEBRUARY 17.  

Mark you calendar and join a marvelous group of people who are licensed to "stretch the truth" as long as it makes the story better. BS runs deep and the older the story teller, the less likely he is to be challenged by a newcomer.

The new procedures for 2006 will be reported on after the conclusion of the banquet.

Thanks for your interest and participation.

Besides praying for good salt, say a prayer for a good 3rd weekend in February of 2007.

FREUD  

:roll:
Since '63

Offline Freud

Special to Scott Gutherie
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2006, 10:27:00 PM »
If you decide to come without being registered I can get you a one night job in "clean up" and you can look at all the guests as long as you do not disturb them. That would put you on haloed ground for this month. Several of the Harley people that have become affluent have 2 sleeping bags and your early history on the salt would qualify you to join them and borrow a bag.

I promise to add you to the mailing list for 2007 if...............

freud
Since '63