Author Topic: Login Cookie Dance  (Read 2956 times)

landracing

Login Cookie Dance
« on: January 13, 2006, 12:44:01 AM »
Ok there were still people with login problems of constantly logging you out when replying, or when sending Private Messages or just plain everytime you come to the website.

I have made addition fixes for this, Pork Pie im rely on you to test this.

IF you were having a problem we need to do the cookie dance please.

step 1. log out
step 2. clear your browser cookie IE users Tools - Internet Options - Delete Cookies - Apply
step 3. clear your browser cache/temporary internet files IE users Tools - Internet Options - Clear History - Apply
step 4. close your browser
step 5. go back and test
step 6. hold one foot in the air and spin around three times
singing "Do the Cookie Dance, yeah, yeah, yeah."

done.

Jon let me know how it works.....

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Cookie dance
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 09:27:51 AM »
Some of us are more paranoid than others -- and worse still, a few of us use Apple machines that don't have IE, so your instructions needed some interpretation for me.

Whatever, I clear cookies and history at the end of every day that the computer is online, so I'm used to having to re-login each morning.  I did have troubles with the machine unlogging me as the day progressed, but that ended after I learned to complete the login process by clicking the cursor on "login" instead of simply tapping the "enter" key.

Whatever, I've had no problems in the past month or so, and will be vigilant (thanks for the nice word, Louise) for the next few logins.

Thanks for dealing with the hassle earlier this week, Jon.  I, too, missed the forum more than I expected to miss it.

And I don't dance worth a damn, so I'll look forward to seeing videos of Pork Pie.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
port pie polka
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 12:56:15 PM »
Jon w. I can just see Pork pie in a leather skirt with a thong dancing the polka with music played by a bunch or racers at the bend in the road party
with a few to many beers in them. Maybe we could have a contest with all bikers doing the dance as well.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline TheRipler

• http://www.landsharksti.com/
Login Cookie Dance
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 03:39:40 PM »
I don't know if you've fixed something, or if it's my recent switch to Firefox from IE, but everything is working better now.
Professor Weinburger sighed, knowing that without the alien mother to care for the last surviving egg of her once-proud species, the egg would surely die; still, he thought, greasing the fry-pan, it certainly was going to be an interesting breakfast.

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Login Cookie Dance
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 04:11:07 PM »
First....I dance like Yoogie Bear after 15 pins of beer......

Second....I have no cookies or other temporar internet comments due to this that my system is so configurate that after I shut down my internet the system cleans up himself

Third....Jon wrote me before, due to this that I got also problems with the login to activate the button "log me in all time..." on the right side under the password. I have to activate this button all the time, due to my cleaning process but it works so that my answer will be send to the website without trouble.

Fourth.....I never dance when I listen to good music.....I lay back on my lounge in the stereo studio have a good, 25 year old, pur single malt whiskey in my hand and listen 2 - 3 hours to a wonderful jazz or blues, than I stand up, go upstairs and lay in my bed........and I never listen to bad music..........
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)