Author Topic: Bonneville NW Reunion for 2011  (Read 12382 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Bonneville NW Reunion for 2011
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2011, 10:01:01 AM »
Major BUMMER!  The airplane flight from Marquette (home) was cancelled, so we won't be at the Reunion after all.  We could have taken the ride to Chicago - on a bus - but wouldn't have arrived there 'til pretty late today and from there we probably wouldn't have caught a flight to Portland 'til tomorrow, and spending a total of 20 hours in the air and in airports + 9 hours in a bus ---  for one meal, even a meal among friends - just didn't sound attractive enough to get us to do it.

So -- sorry, durn it, but Nancy and I won't be there.  I was carrying some Willie badges to sell, had a delivery of t-shirts for Marlo, and Nancy had some great new skanky clothes to show off.  Now you'll miss out on all of that stuff.  Of course, I, on the other hand, will have her here and unoccupied, so all is certainly not lost.

Next time for sure!
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Freud

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2011, 10:30:32 AM »
Nancy and SSS

MAJOR BUMMER for all of us.

You will be remembered...............sheet!!!!

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Brian Westerdahl

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2011, 12:26:14 PM »
Sorry to here that Slim.  Will miss seeing you and the Mrs.  See you at the salt.  Its pouring down snow here right now we are leaving in the morning driving

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2011, 10:54:47 PM »
What time is the shilo event???

Cant find any info on the time schedule.

~JH
jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline salt27

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2011, 02:18:08 AM »
What time is the shilo event???

Cant find any info on the time schedule.

~JH
Doors open at 5PM.

Don

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2011, 11:21:59 AM »
I like to get there a few hours early and get good and liquored up in the bar beforehand.

LOL

~JH
jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline Freud

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2011, 11:36:35 AM »
The Salt Stiffs are arriving. We have a sunny morning and no wind.

I pounded the pillow very well last night and am primed (with coffee) and ready to have a good day and a great evening.

The banquet room is the same one from last year, just across from room 109, and it is already set up.

Gonna be a good 'in.  If u miss this one, next years will be FEB 18, 2012.

FRED         If u aren't attending, I left U out.
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2011, 06:41:51 PM »
The masses are arriving.

Some people are no-shows but everyone would be here if circumstances permitted it.

Dark liquid has replaced water.

Think of us at 5:00PM PST. 50F, scattered clouds and the sun feels warm on your face.

Plan for next year.  FEB 18, 2012

The attached image is suitable for printing. Have one done for the door of the refrigerator as a reminder.

SSS and Nancy, shall I leave a light on for you?  Jon Amo, if u don't attend u can't get another award.

FREUD and some of the mass-es
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 06:48:10 PM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline fastman614

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2011, 07:44:46 PM »
Freud..... just so you know.... I did get your invite again this year. I haven't been to an event in a few years now but my work circumstances have prevented it .... as they have done again this year.

I am presently in Sept-Iles, Quebec, CANADA..... about 600 or so miles east of Montreal..... the closest US State to the south would be Maine - 200 or so miles away..... and there isn't a Bonneville car for hundreds of miles.

It is still winter here! It got UP to near freezing point the last few days (from about 17 below zero early in the week).

If you get this tonight .... tell everyone I said hello and that I wish I was THERE instead of HERE!
No s*** sticks to the man wearing a teflon suit.

Offline Freud

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2011, 03:27:28 AM »
Fastman.............Thanks for the comeback.

Portland treated us well today. Probably low 50+F and gentle breeze.

Go to the tattoo parlor and have Feb 18, 2012 inked in.

That will be a reminder for next year.

Best to u, Pal.

FREUD

Since '63

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2011, 08:59:53 PM »
Freud, Anne Lindsley, Marlo and all the Organising Team....Many Thanks for all your efforts. Although there were only 65 of us, and we had to put up with a disjointed and flailing Guest Speaker (no, not you Mr Werner....)...it was a fun evening full of good humour and company. I was priveleged to sit at a table with Messrs Davidson, Pitts and Lindsley, and talk with new 2club man Dan Aleshire and former Vesco crew Nick Pappas. I hope more of you can be at next years event. Alot of you grouch about the cost, but the priceless opportunities to share our own Salt history and experiences with each other can`t be measured in monetary terms. Even Geisler was in rare form, almost worth the price of admission right there..... :-D :cheers:

Offline Freud

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2011, 10:19:42 PM »
Kiwi Paul...you said u wouldn't complain.

I guess u didn't.

Thanks for attending and not interrupting the distinguished, dual hatted, guest speaker.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Brian Westerdahl

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2011, 08:51:16 AM »
Freud:  Thankyou very much we had a great time.  Allie was very excited to win the 50/50 couldn't have worked out better.  Its a great venue for new guys to rub elbows with some legends.  We will do all we can to help keep this event going.  Thanks again for all your hard work.  Brian

Offline Schruiber

• Granite Falls High School Eco Car Teams
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2011, 02:09:11 PM »
Dear Freud, first and foremost thank you for letting me share our High School - World of Speed project with all attendees. I have received wonderful feedback. Of course it's always great to be amongst folks who have been there, done that, gone over 100-200-300 MPH, or have been there since before I was born (yes, that makes me a newbie) - To a glass of champagne in 2012 :cheers: - Debbie and I will be there, and we will bring friends!
T-2011 - Granite Falls HS UrbanAutos Diesel - 31.16668MPH over the measured mile  at WoS 2011.

Offline Freud

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2011, 07:20:16 PM »
You welcome.

FREUD
Since '63