Author Topic: Looking for Firebird 3rd Generation cage and build shots, Kugel car, or...  (Read 4170 times)

Offline MattStrube

• New folks
...a similarly constructed 82-92 Firebird cage and suspension.  Trying to put together the types of mods people have done to Firebirds to get them ready for LSRing.  Looking for shots of cage installation, tire sizes, transmissions used, subframe shots, different bottom shots of Altered and Gas Coupe cars, and what suspension mods were done in order to go 200+.  Thanks in advance, Matt. 

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
Matt, We are starting a similar build. Our ultimate goal is 2 bills as well. We are building a '91 Camaro. The cage is on order as well as the full containment seat. The cage is a full 12 pt. with a modified funny car cage addition, the wife is the driver, got to keep the sweet pie in one piece. The front suspension is being replaced with a tubular K member for clearance not weight savings. The K member will allow the installation of a big block and full length headers as well as after market tubular Arms that will aid in caster adjustment. The rear suspension will be upgraded with boxed arms and coil overs for rear suspension fine tuning. Our set up is for running at the Monster Mile at Maxton, running the salt or El M. will require a bit more research.

Hope this helps. This forum and site is a wealth of info. try the search window and you will be surprised at what you'll find.

Frank and Amy Hartman
Jack Scratch Racing
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline MattStrube

• New folks
Have you guys taken any pictures of the cage? 

Offline olepaw

Hi we are building 87 firebird. so far have just stripped car but buiding cage from scratch. local company (tubular tech. ) can bend any tube any way . so we are starting with design i had for scca car . but going to modify it now for lsr. i'll post some pics as we go , and you post some too, can't have too many ideas. jim
D/CGC record Ohio mile
G/GC   record Ohio mile
H/GC   record Ohio mile
E/FSS  record Ohio mile C/GC TRYING

Offline MattStrube

• New folks
How about wheel size...front/rear, and tires.  What are folks running that I can buy.  M

gwilli3212

I sent some i had to your email. i cant get it to go thru on here...a few i had taken like my friends building, and i have a 84 bird i may use one day...

Offline Kiwi Paul

Matt-Say Hi to Sam for me...I presume he is going to help out, whether you want him to or not! Look thru all the posts for the Langlo Teams Camaro (Getting Ready For Bonneville Thread )..that should give you heaps of ideas..

Offline MattStrube

• New folks
Thanks fellas, Sam will definitely be a help.