Author Topic: Spirit of South Dakota Lakester  (Read 304827 times)

Offline Tman

Re: Spirit of South Dakota Lakester
« Reply #660 on: April 10, 2014, 01:00:00 PM »
I second that Mikey! Trent's a good dude. He put in a lot of leg work on my project tracking down just the right stuff for me and steering me in the right direction.

If your past service is any indication of future performance you're going to do awesome Trent! The site looks good and I will definitely be doing more business with you in the future.

And on a personal note, I'll definitely be having a beer or two with ya on the salt this year!

Thanks man! But, I will not know what events I can hit for a while with this new job. We shall see.

Offline Tman

« Reply #661 on: April 18, 2014, 01:40:02 PM »
Things keep looking better here on the life side of things. Did I mention I get a 3 day weekend every other? That the boss' WANT me to take time off? That I start with 14 days of vacation?  That and Carla informed me that my new salary = about a 25% increase over last year at this time!?!?!?! Now if you excuse me, I am going to go demo a new mountain bike and work on the fitness side of things! :cheers:

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #662 on: April 18, 2014, 06:53:47 PM »
Don't get overconfident.  It'll bite you.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Skip Pipes

• I hate being bipolar, its awesome!
« Reply #663 on: April 18, 2014, 09:39:27 PM »
Good for you, you deserve it.

Skip
Skip's Garage
Builder of the SUNBEAM ALPINE Police Interceptor

Offline Tman

« Reply #664 on: April 18, 2014, 09:40:49 PM »
Don't get overconfident.  It'll bite you.

Not at all Stan. I feel blessed. After years of hard work it is fun to be in this position. I just wanted to share with folks I consider friends!

And I got a killer 90 minute ride in today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 09:46:39 PM by Tman »

Offline Roseville Carl

« Reply #665 on: April 21, 2014, 12:28:22 PM »
Good for you Trent, about time things were look'in up :-D :-D :-D
"Keep Em Between the Whites"

and yes Virginia the world is indeed Flat

Offline Tman

« Reply #666 on: April 26, 2014, 10:00:06 AM »
Good for you Trent, about time things were look'in up :-D :-D :-D

Thanks Carl. I put the A Tudor back in cold storage and can actually see the lakester better. I do not have a timetable for it. This summer is about getting back into a "normal" life. I am collecting parts for the GMC to do a quick and dirty assembly perhaps in winter. I did have a dream this AM that I was pulling Tim around staging in some sort of roadster at a hybrid Elmo/Salt sort of venue. That must be good right? :-D

Offline Roseville Carl

« Reply #667 on: May 01, 2014, 04:36:37 PM »
Sounds like a good idea Trent..... I'm still pulling salt outa spots on the 36.........but wouldn't trade it for anything, that was a blast and having grandson there also was neat!! Thinking of taking other grandson out there also as he is gonna be driver on the rail and I want to introduce him into the Bonney experience.........
"Keep Em Between the Whites"

and yes Virginia the world is indeed Flat

Offline Tman

« Reply #668 on: May 02, 2014, 01:02:14 AM »
Sounds like a good idea Trent..... I'm still pulling salt outa spots on the 36.........but wouldn't trade it for anything, that was a blast and having grandson there also was neat!! Thinking of taking other grandson out there also as he is gonna be driver on the rail and I want to introduce him into the Bonney experience.........

We will all get back together as a crew at some point! Good times.

Offline Gary Perkinson

« Reply #669 on: May 02, 2014, 08:31:28 AM »
Hey, Trent...just checked out your site--looks great! I'm getting the HHR ready to run at Ohio and Maine later this summer, so I'm sure I'll have some opportunities to give you some business. I'll keep an eye out on the site, but you can also PM me or talk to me on Tuesday nights in the chat room...

Gary
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1 mile)     143.313
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1.5 mile)  148.321
LTA   F/PRO Record (1 mile)         114.668

Offline Tman

« Reply #670 on: May 04, 2014, 10:57:39 AM »
Hey, Trent...just checked out your site--looks great! I'm getting the HHR ready to run at Ohio and Maine later this summer, so I'm sure I'll have some opportunities to give you some business. I'll keep an eye out on the site, but you can also PM me or talk to me on Tuesday nights in the chat room...

Gary

Thanks gary!

Offline Tman

« Reply #671 on: May 24, 2014, 02:05:09 PM »
Well, settling into the new job and things are great! 1st Memorial Day weekend I have not been on call in 5 years!!!!!!!!!!! On top of all my other projects and bike riding I am slowly getting back into the lakester. I need to find some spindles or rework some stockers I have and hope to make this thing a roller soon.

Oh, I forgot, I think I decided to add enough length to use a driveshaft. Still laying the rear out.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 02:37:01 PM by Tman »

Offline kustombrad

• Project No Bucks '49
« Reply #672 on: June 03, 2014, 03:58:26 PM »
C'mon nap time is over, time to get back on the car!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #673 on: June 04, 2014, 12:16:57 AM »

Brad, have you seen the awesome terrain in SD?.
I don't even like mountain bikes and I want to ride there. :-D

Offline Tman

« Reply #674 on: June 07, 2014, 05:12:22 PM »

Brad, have you seen the awesome terrain in SD?.
I don't even like mountain bikes and I want to ride there. :-D

Yes, we would turn you to the dark side! Just busy as all get out right now. getting some work done. Main goal at the moment is family.