Author Topic: Spirit of South Dakota Lakester  (Read 304913 times)

Offline Tman

Re: Spirit of South Dakota Lakester
« Reply #525 on: September 10, 2013, 06:57:26 PM »
Don't worry about your tranny  Trent ..  It's in a wood crate in my shop.  Its not in my way.  When ever we find a 'inexpensive' way to get it from the very bottom of Texas to SD it'll be ready to go !

Thanks man, you have been great through this whole process!~

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #526 on: September 11, 2013, 01:50:48 AM »
Tman- just a suggestion- since Mr.Gasket still markets an Eelco-look-alike pedal (~$50), how about incorporating new features in yours, to entice buyers?
One thing I'd like to see is more flexibility regarding hinge-centerline orientation. The couple of times I used an Eelco (in the distant past), I needed to modify the hinge to fit the application.
Maybe include a toe strap with every pedal- easily removed if desired, but no need for the buyer to cobble up a strap. And it would provide a spot for your brand name!
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline Tman

« Reply #527 on: September 11, 2013, 01:03:02 PM »
Jack, this will have a movable pivot on the back to allow varied mounting positions. It seems there are so many variables between hot rods and all the types of racecars that I want it to be adaptable. I have thought about including the toe loop, I use simple aluminum strap but I may have to design one that is cast with our name in it. This pedal is about twice as thick as any that have been sold and will put up with much abuse. I will also have a square pedal and round brake/clutch pedals to go with it.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #528 on: September 13, 2013, 11:02:23 PM »
Trent, you'll come out on top for sure. That pedal looks great and will be a success. Have Faith bro.

Offline Roseville Carl

« Reply #529 on: September 16, 2013, 02:34:23 AM »
Trent build your own foundry and pour them yourself............. small parts are fun!!!!
"Keep Em Between the Whites"

and yes Virginia the world is indeed Flat

Offline Tman

« Reply #530 on: September 16, 2013, 09:38:39 AM »
Trent build your own foundry and pour them yourself............. small parts are fun!!!!

I would but I have too many projects as it is! Plus, I am using one of the best foundries out there. I plan on several products as well.

Offline Roseville Carl

« Reply #531 on: September 17, 2013, 12:35:05 AM »
not planning on a two port injector for a 471 are you???
"Keep Em Between the Whites"

and yes Virginia the world is indeed Flat

Offline Tman

« Reply #532 on: September 17, 2013, 09:43:58 AM »
not planning on a two port injector for a 471 are you???

Hahaha, not at the moment Carl but you will be the first to know!

Offline Tman

« Reply #533 on: October 07, 2013, 03:13:00 PM »
The good news............got 4 days at the house with nothing to do. The bad news................spent 3 days without power! Broke out the finest camp gear from Mr Coleman and cooked on the ol stove, lit the shop with the lantern and read, a lot!@

gkabbt

« Reply #534 on: October 07, 2013, 04:36:14 PM »
The good news............got 4 days at the house with nothing to do. The bad news................spent 3 days without power! Broke out the finest camp gear from Mr Coleman and cooked on the ol stove, lit the shop with the lantern and read, a lot!@

Thanks for the update Trent! Lynda and I were wondering how you guys made out with all that snow.
Maybe we should have waited a month to visit.....LOL!  :-D

Gregg

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #535 on: October 07, 2013, 05:47:46 PM »
Ditto what Gregg said. Me and Amy were thinking of you as well.
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline Tman

« Reply #536 on: October 08, 2013, 09:21:21 AM »
Thanks guys! This was a bad one, there are still folks that do not have power. Some of the ranch country may be out for a week. Lots of livestock lost. Typical of us it went up to the 50s,60s and 70s within hours. Our only drift was a 3 footer at the front door and by yesterday morn it was gone and the ground was dry. Rapid City and the Northern Hills got hit a lot worse. Thousands of trees down, huge drifts. The 4 lane streets were down to one lane plowed yesterday as they tried to get everything open. We even made the spotlight on The Weather Channel but it is not doom and gloom as they played it. If you listen to them we will be digging out for weeks :roll:

Offline tauruck

« Reply #537 on: October 08, 2013, 11:21:41 AM »
We take power for granted until we don't have it. We had blackouts here for a year. Six hours every day. They called it something else but it was a blackout. Good to hear you guys are OK.

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #538 on: October 08, 2013, 06:29:49 PM »
Glad to hear it as well. We have been blessed this year with no storms, read hurricanes. Same deal, 2 days of raging weather then a week of sunshine and no power. :roll:

Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline Tman

« Reply #539 on: October 08, 2013, 07:08:18 PM »
Glad to hear it as well. We have been blessed this year with no storms, read hurricanes. Same deal, 2 days of raging weather then a week of sunshine and no power. :roll:

I should have taken pictures. 24 hours and 6 foot drifts just vanish!