Author Topic: Spirit of South Dakota Lakester  (Read 304886 times)

Offline Tman

Re: Spirit of South Dakota Lakester
« Reply #510 on: July 23, 2013, 12:01:11 PM »
No worries Carl. The new full time job is to finish this house. I am also going to work on the hot rod and race parts business, hoping to develop it into a full time gig. Meet with some top notch web folk tomorrow.

But also hitting the streets looking at other jobs/opportunities. Lots of stuff out there in this area.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 12:08:42 PM by Tman »

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #511 on: July 23, 2013, 12:51:20 PM »
Well, there's a huge oil play just north of you-lots of time off, and good pay!
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline Tman

« Reply #512 on: July 23, 2013, 09:26:29 PM »
Well, there's a huge oil play just north of you-lots of time off, and good pay!

Need to pick your brain about that as well Buddy

Online Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #513 on: July 24, 2013, 08:44:22 AM »
Too close to SpeedWeek to look for a job...  :roll: hard to tell your new boss that you need a week off just after you start  :-o

Good luck with the quest Trent
See ya on the salt  8-)
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Ron Gibson

« Reply #514 on: July 24, 2013, 09:59:33 AM »
Years ago when I had an over the road semi tractor, I leased to an inter-modal company. I told him "I go  to Bonneville every August"  He said, what will you do if I tell you "you haven't been here long enough"?
I said, "No problem, I'll find new work for my truck when I get back". :-D

Ron
Life is an abrasive. Whether you get ground away or polished to a shine depends on what you are made of.

Offline Tman

« Reply #515 on: September 08, 2013, 02:37:25 PM »
Too close to SpeedWeek to look for a job...  :roll: hard to tell your new boss that you need a week off just after you start  :-o

Good luck with the quest Trent
See ya on the salt  8-)

Thanks, still on the hunt. Lots of jobs up here.

This year on the salt was a huge epiphany for me. 3 seasons of crewing for Tim 2 of which as crewchief/ chase truck driver got me to the point of knowing what to do. We/I have a system and it works. I could not imagine coming to the salt with a car green and no experience!

As for the car, I am taking a break and reorganizing the shop. It got to be a huge mess. Javier is hanging onto my tranny down in Texas, I need to figure out the shipping to get it out of his hair. Their trip to the salt fell apart so I didn't pick it up then. Thanks for your patience JD! Tom is getting settled up the hill and will be ready to work on the engine this winter. It is nice to have a car buddy so close. Him and my folks are 10 minutes from here.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 02:40:54 PM by Tman »

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #516 on: September 08, 2013, 04:56:55 PM »
Hang in there Trent, had a windy,rough stretch myself. The salt is something that will keep you sane and gives your something to focus on when all else is,well,brown.............

Oh yeah,better, way better and getting betterer all the time. ;-)
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Tman

« Reply #517 on: September 08, 2013, 04:58:09 PM »
Hang in there Trent, had a windy,rough stretch myself. The salt is something that will keep you sane and gives your something to focus on when all else is,well,brown.............

Oh yeah,better, way better and getting betterer all the time. ;-)

Thanks James! That is a nice pick me up that I need right now, you are a good friend.

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #518 on: September 09, 2013, 01:11:57 AM »
My father got laid off a few times when I was growing up.  It was tough when he was not working.  Each time the new job he got was better than the old one.  In the end, it was a good thing he was laid off.  It gave him new and better opportunities.   

Offline Tman

« Reply #519 on: September 09, 2013, 06:18:03 PM »
Sneak peek. Here is the completed pattern for my 1st product, a full foot hot rod and racecar peddle. It gets sent to the foundry this week. Thicker than most out there, room for a toe loop to bolt on.

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #520 on: September 09, 2013, 06:57:33 PM »
Trent, I can think of a use for one of those   :-D

Frank
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #521 on: September 09, 2013, 07:11:37 PM »
Sneak peek. Here is the completed pattern for my 1st product, a full foot hot rod and racecar peddle. It gets sent to the foundry this week. Thicker than most out there, room for a toe loop to bolt on.

How's your wife feeling about her waffle iron? ???  :-D :-D :-D

Pete

Offline Tman

« Reply #522 on: September 09, 2013, 07:13:23 PM »

How's your wife feeling about her waffle iron? ???  :-D :-D :-D

Pete

Funny, Ironically the PN for this is the WH-1.........................................wafflehouse and the first product!

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #523 on: September 10, 2013, 09:32:30 AM »
Looks pretty good to me Trent!  :cheers: I really like the lip around the bottom to keep your foot from wandering off.
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline jdeleon

• DELEON AUTO ACCESSORIES
« Reply #524 on: September 10, 2013, 06:26:57 PM »
Don't worry about your tranny  Trent ..  It's in a wood crate in my shop.  Its not in my way.  When ever we find a 'inexpensive' way to get it from the very bottom of Texas to SD it'll be ready to go !