Author Topic: Spirit of South Dakota Lakester  (Read 304892 times)

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
Re: Spirit of South Dakota Lakester
« Reply #195 on: December 03, 2011, 12:18:38 PM »
Just proves that you got to feed your hammer once and awhile. The reason I am a crummy carpenter.

Nice looking hands Chris!! I'll bet you don't use the lacquer thinner much.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #196 on: December 03, 2011, 01:18:32 PM »
The feel of the trauma is better felt with a short video.  Cross light it so the stream of blood sparkles.

It could be presented for A Can-o-me Award.  U-Tube would be a fine place to debut it.

FREUD

So true - and Slim's cuss filter doesn't work on an audio track.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Tman

« Reply #197 on: December 03, 2011, 03:20:53 PM »
Test driving the new to me hauler. 2002 Chevy 4dr. Love this thing, might be time to deal. I have some practicle reasons for buying a truck and yes one of them is to pull a racecar........shhh Carla might hear. :-D

Offline Tman

« Reply #198 on: December 05, 2011, 03:56:21 PM »
Returning the truck to my dealer friend tonight, too many little issues and my wallet has a tight clasp. We decided to cool it for a while, I started looking at builders figuring since I was getting into a project I might as well spend the same money on something newer!

Offline Tman

« Reply #199 on: December 07, 2011, 04:03:56 PM »
Cant top the blood pics, but the rear wheels are trued and tacked. My front hoops should be here this week. Got the front helmet hoop tacked (for final?) and am getting ready to notch some other tubes. Will post pictures this week when I get a couple of them done. Busy playing dad to a 4 year old while Carla has band practice (Patsy Cline Tribute band, I like women that listen to both types of music, Country AND Western! :-D)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #200 on: December 07, 2011, 04:07:52 PM »
Remember that ALL music was once new. :-D

I hear that daily on a radio station to which I listen.  It's classical music and there's a little feature about this and that composer or composition -- and the two-minute little thing always ends with that (above) for a tag line.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #201 on: December 07, 2011, 04:54:34 PM »
If you listen to a lot of Patsy Cline songs you might end up with clinical depression.     I love her voice but the lyrics are depressing.

Joe

Offline Tman

« Reply #202 on: December 07, 2011, 05:06:57 PM »
If you listen to a lot of Patsy Cline songs you might end up with clinical depression.     I love her voice but the lyrics are depressing.

Joe

Piano above the shop, Carla practices most nights :-o

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #203 on: December 07, 2011, 05:09:24 PM »
I have a neighbor that thinks he is a drummer, I wish he would take up the piano

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #204 on: December 07, 2011, 06:05:15 PM »
I have a neighbor that thinks he is a drummer, I wish he would take up the piano

See, that's where you're wrong Joe , that'd be like handing someone who can't shoot a machinegun.

You have to hit drums in time. With a piano you have to hit the right notes and you have to hit them in time....

if he's as bad as you say he'd come second to a startled cat in a piano competition. :wink:

BTW: I'll have none of this talking down about country music.
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #205 on: December 07, 2011, 06:49:00 PM »
D/G -- T/M ... Just for the record, I like country music and I like Patsy Cline ... I would just caution anyone that suffers from depression to not listen to her lyrics ... the results could be ugly.

Offline Tman

« Reply #206 on: December 07, 2011, 07:57:23 PM »
D/G -- T/M ... Just for the record, I like country music and I like Patsy Cline ... I would just caution anyone that suffers from depression to not listen to her lyrics ... the results could be ugly.

Compared to say the cheery music of The Cure? :-D

Offline Tman

« Reply #207 on: December 07, 2011, 08:00:50 PM »
OK, serious question time. The two helmet bars that pass over my head and go down to the shoulder bar behind the driver. Most folks do them drag car style and run them only down to the shoulder hoop. I bent mine with a long end and want to run them all the way to the frame in one run but notching them where they intersect the shoulder hoop. Tony has them this way in his drawing and I feel they are stronger this way. Any input?

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #208 on: December 08, 2011, 12:10:00 AM »
Sounds good to me Trent. The structure should be stronger.

Jon, I like your taste in music but I think that probably puts you and I in the minority! :-D :-D :-D

Pete

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #209 on: December 10, 2011, 01:53:38 AM »
trent, is someone taller than you going to be driving?  if not then you might consider bringing that front hoop down a smidge.  maybe one o.d.'s worth at the flat section between the two bends.  looks like you've got plenty (too much) room to work with.

hate to see you waste tubing but i think a full mock up of spare or scrap material may help you to see how much room you really have.  i usually build a mock up cage piece by piece, bend by bend out of cheap exhaust tubing.  then take your finished multi-piece section over to the bender and copy it with the real material. 

just a thought.  looks good nonetheless.
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member