Author Topic: lsr tires  (Read 2906 times)

Offline gsjohnny

• New folks
lsr tires
« on: December 29, 2010, 09:20:12 AM »
we are very interested in doing this july. i have a question regarding tires. who makes 15" v or z rated tires? i really hate to buy new rims for the bigger size tires.

thanks
john

Offline blackslax

• Loring Timing Association
Re: lsr tires
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 11:19:37 AM »
I am uncertain as to manufacturers, but there is a long thread in the SCTA section when they changed tire rules on where to get different sizes.
Note, we do not require "racing tires" like the SCTA, only those rated for the RECORD in your class.  Please go to the website and send any technical questions to Todd Dross.  His info is in the About the LTA section.

Thanks and hope to see you at THE MAINE EVENT (that's for you Bob)

Tim
Tim Kelly
Race Director - LTA
www.loringtiming.com
People dont see the world the way things are, They see the world the way they are.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 12:08:57 PM »
Johnny, are you a car or a bike racer?  15" bike tires might be more difficult to find than 15" car skins.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline blackslax

• Loring Timing Association
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 12:16:44 PM »
Oh yes,
assumption, the mother of all f$#% ups.  I stated bike rules.
Tim Kelly
Race Director - LTA
www.loringtiming.com
People dont see the world the way things are, They see the world the way they are.

Offline tedgram

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 02:13:40 PM »
 Go to any tire websight and they should have a listing of V or Z rated tires. I just looked on one sight and found 6 different brands that make V rated 15 inch tires no Z rated. Just did another search and found 4 Z rated and one W rated 15 inch tires.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 02:25:36 PM by tedgram »

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 04:41:43 PM »
I've been buying tires for years from Tire Rack.  I believe they still supply,among other tire outfits, like Ted said, various sizes in the Z speed rate in 15in sizes. 
Your top speed allowed by the LTA at THE MAINE EVENT might be limited if your tires are of a lower speed rate, but if your car is basically unmodified , the tech people at the LTA would sticker your car up to the safe speed for the rating on the tires, irrespective of a record that might be significantly higher than the car's potential... IMHO,go Z !
I hope everybody is aware of the new regulations in place this year.  Do take into consideration that the SCTA , ECTA, and LTA are very similar in most rules and regs, but they are still different, and their individual policies are tailored to conditions at their venues.
Get a Rulebook for every specific "TA" or track you might race at, and try your best to be prepared for every eventuality. It is possible to construct a vehicle that passes Tech at all venues, and better yet, makes you the driver confident that you won't look back after a bad case scenario and say "woulda, coulda ,Shoulda !"
 Keep your Maine Event, Uneventful .....
Bob W   

Offline gsjohnny

• New folks
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 05:54:51 PM »
its a 1973 buick century. built 350 buick engine with chevy, ford and mopar parts in it. hey, they dont many performance parts for the 350. i have to make my own. :-D
different groups have different tires.....ugh.  :-(