Author Topic: Inserting an image  (Read 4319 times)

Offline smitty2

• Worlds fastest miniature Pachyderm.
Inserting an image
« on: January 05, 2006, 01:32:06 AM »
I can't seem to get a photo to insert with my text here... Any suggestions, or tips?
 I have a picture of a Model A cowl I'd like some information for, but I can't get the image to load. :roll:

Thanks...        Smitty

landracing

Inserting an image
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 01:59:14 AM »
First are you trying to link to the picture on the internet or are you trying to use it from an image on your computer??

Jon

Offline smitty2

Inserting an image
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 08:38:37 PM »
I guess I should have been more specific... I was tryiing to insert an image from a file on my computer, but when I clicked on the "IMG" button on the toolbar it just put IMG in brackets at the end of the sentence. It didn't ask what or where the file was...
 I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong, but I have a " Chicken Coup" find I wanted to share. I guess I could add it to the picture post section.

Thanks....   Smitty

landracing

Inserting an image
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 11:49:47 PM »
Smitty,

You will have to add as an attachment.

when you are replying or starting a new post, above the preview and submit buttons there is add an attachment button. Try that...

Jon

Offline smitty2

Inserting an image
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 01:12:07 AM »
Hi Jon,
 Down in the lower right hand corner where it says what I can and cannot do... it says I can't add attachments, but I'm allowed to do everything else. I promise there are no pictures of anything with a prop on it :wink:

Smitty

landracing

Inserting an image
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006, 02:26:09 AM »
smitty2,

now try it and see if it is there.

There seems to be a problem when I uploaded the updates for this mod, that is by default selected people to not allow attachments.

I have altered your account to allow it, I had to change your password to do it, but check your email for details..

If anybody else does not see the attachment mod which should be above the preview and submit buttons when posting a message.

Also another way to tell is look at lower right corner of page when you are in a forum. IE. like trivia or lsr chat... and it gives a list of permissions what does yours say>>>

Post here and let me know...

Jon

trader

Inserting an image
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2006, 08:14:33 PM »
Jon,  on my pages it says "You can attach files in this forum" only on the Build Diary and Trivia Forums.  All the rest say "You cannot attach files in this forum"  On the attachment is there a file size limit, and what is it...trader

Offline smitty2

Inserting an image
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2006, 09:29:49 PM »
Okay here goes!
 I dug this out of a chicken coup (Really.).
Is it a 28, or 29? I took it out to keep from breaking it, but I even got the fuel gauge sight bowl.

Offline smitty2

Inserting an image
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2006, 09:31:32 PM »
Thanks Jon!
That worked great.  :D

Offline Dean Los Angeles

Inserting an image
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2006, 09:47:04 PM »

The link to the picture:
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/dean4/_images/sS_DSCN9564.JPG

Don't forget the image has to be posted on the Internet to be available here. If it is only on your computer it can't be seen here.
Most Internet servers give you a free web page where you can post the pictures, or try one of the free sites:
www.imageshack.us/
www.thefreesite.com/Free_Image_Hosting/
www.theimagehosting.com
(There are tons.)

Upload the image and then bring up the picture on your web browser. Highlight the URL (The one with the http://www.) and press control C (copy) to copy the link. Come back here and hit the Img button. Right after the img hit control V (paste) and then hit the Img button again to insert the /img to finish the image.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

landracing

Inserting an image
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2006, 03:35:11 AM »
Dean,

With the attachment mod you can upload it right from your computer.

I am working on a fix for the rest of you to make sure you can see the attachment mod in all forums. When mod is fixed I will post here.

Jon