Author Topic: 2011 Popham Beach Lobster Fest  (Read 10763 times)

Offline sabat

Re: 2011 Popham Beach Lobster Fest
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 08:32:54 AM »
That sux Milt. All that, and you may be in for a little involuntary time off as Congress futzes around with our budget.  :roll:

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 06:16:24 PM »
Bad went worse as the course director has refused to give me the day off in front of Loring.  No days off for 4 months.  If that didn't finish me off, I did the math and my commuting costs will increase by $400 per month due to my inability to use my vanpool for four months while having to pay out of my pocket for it so I don't lose my seat. That also puts June and September at Maxton at risk.  2012 at BUB is also history as I need seat time including 1.5 mile runs prior to going after the FIM record.  

I gave my boss 2 months to convince me why I should trust management not to do something similar next season.   I explained clearly that LSR is my personal life and you guys are all my family and I have no plans to give up the sport.  I am trying to give them some benefit of the doubt in that the world crisis and budget mess has them stressed but I have never seen anything this inconsiderate for the sake of stats in my 21 years there. If he fails, that gives me a few months after training to line up a new position for next spring and get my motor in the queue for performance work before we run where ever next spring.  I can't afford to put a couple $K in the motor without some confidence I can run her.  They either find back-ups for me or find a replacement.

It is only by pure luck that I have been able to salvage my speedweek trip so far.  It is a 'trip of a lifetime' gift to a friend of mine and I am real glad I didn't have to battle over it.  I wasn't about to let him miss seeing his friends bring out their 200 mph (theoretically) '55 Vette build.  

On the positive side the fender you sold me looks promising!  Now I have to push the shop to have the duc ready for May and hope they stay enthusiastic and understanding about the few appearances it will make this year.

Offline JimCompCNC

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2011, 08:28:12 AM »
Milt,  theres allways next year.   With any luck you can make the 2012 Loring event.

Offline blackslax

• Loring Timing Association
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2011, 10:12:56 AM »
We also have the Speed hootout in September!
Tim Kelly
Race Director - LTA
www.loringtiming.com
People dont see the world the way things are, They see the world the way they are.

Offline JimCompCNC

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2011, 11:20:10 AM »
Karl has started a thread over at Bikelands Dragbike Zone, of the list of folks attending the lobsterfest at Popham Beach this year.
Everyone is invited. Karl can edit this list so we can get a head count.

http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewthread.php?FID=13&TID=59721&set_time=