Author Topic: Aero Front Spoiler  (Read 2634 times)

Michaela Merz

Aero Front Spoiler
« on: January 04, 2006, 08:28:52 PM »
Hello and Happy New Year:

I am looking for a working (meaning not for looks, but for improved aerodynamics) front spoiler for my '95 S-10. While I am not going to attempt to break any speed record, I am driving an electric vehicle and try to avoid pushing wind as much as possible. I have found a few aero-/ground effects kits on the web, but they are more for looks and not big enough.

Maybe one of you guys is able and willing to point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Michaela

Offline EVLEE

• http://www.metroevents.com/jordaneng/index.htm
Aero Front Spoiler
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 02:16:43 PM »
Air Dams as they are called work best I first saw them on my IMSA  Porsche RSR back in the early 70s .Air dams keep air from under your truck or car and move the air around to the sides of the vehicle. Very prominent on currant Nascar cars and trucks.Car&Driver did an article on a 74 Pinto about aero improvements that helped gas mil age and how much each improvement helped .It was an excellent article.
          I would try looking online and use the words air dam when looking.
                        Lee
  ps good luck and I think Car & Driver just used sheet  aluminum

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Aero Front Spoiler
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 04:47:33 PM »
Michaela (your name sound very German),

if you check the information about an airdam, be aware, that a lot of them looks aerodynamic, but they are not.

I have currently on a other (e-mail) list someone, who likes to do the same as you.

When I discussed his problems with the air dam, again I found out that  the most of the comments and information he got about air dam, had nothing to do with the (correct) aerodynamic rules.

Sometimes a brick is more aerodynamic than a streamliner.......depense on the design....

If you like you can do the same what this guy done, contact me off list and we can discuss this special for your vehicle - not as a general view.

See ya
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)