Author Topic: MARK YOUR CALENDAR!!!  (Read 14132 times)

Offline Roger Walling

• New folks
Re: MARK YOUR CALENDAR!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2010, 10:23:22 AM »

I talked to a local today and asked what the weather would be that weekend. He said that he is pretty sure that it won't snow and the temperature would be between 50 and 90 degrees, depending on whether it is cold or hot. Ahup!

Offline tedgram

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2010, 10:23:44 AM »
  Great news !! Just got back from Florida after visiting the mother in law and it was warmer in Caribou than Daytona. It will be a lot warmer in July!  :cheers:

Offline California Kid

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2010, 08:13:34 PM »
Mark ,
             I will be there . Thanks .

Bill
Texas in March 09-199.166 MPH Oct 09 199.780 MPH
Loring in Aug- 207.837 MPH Mojave 2010 March186.8
Texas March-2010 202.3MPH

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2010, 09:52:23 PM »
All the usual suspects ... incidentally, the food vendor that was the made the best french fries in the world ... looking forward to the potatoe festival ... Joe

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2010, 01:48:37 PM »
"looking forward to the potatoe festival ... Joe"

Joe Daly, Irish Ex Cop, "Pototoes", Whodda Thunk ?
Even his Bike goes Potata Potata .....
Wonder if there's those infamous Black Flies in July ? The twin engined Maine version ?
Bob, Honda-Honda, W

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2010, 12:10:34 PM »
Remind me  to tell you the Honda joke, Bob.  I'm eating my lunch now - and it's not Friday, anyway.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2010, 03:03:50 PM »
Absinthe.....?

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2010, 07:39:40 PM »
No, abcess.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2011, 06:48:42 PM »
See you all there.  I sure hope the lobster feast is back on Monday and that I can reserve a bunk there Sunday night, assuming Brenda is willing to share again!  :-)  I just booked a room with 2 queen beds for fri and sat night at the Hampton Inn.  I will post closer to the event if the 2nd bed is available to cut costs. By the way, I had much better success with room availability and rates on the Hampton Inn site versus what I saw on Expedia.

Offline geezer1

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2011, 08:52:50 PM »
See you all there.  I sure hope the lobster feast is back on Monday and that I can reserve a bunk there Sunday night, assuming Brenda is willing to share again!  :-)  I just booked a room with 2 queen beds for fri and sat night at the Hampton Inn.  I will post closer to the event if the 2nd bed is available to cut costs. By the way, I had much better success with room availability and rates on the Hampton Inn site versus what I saw on Expedia.
Hello Milton,
We're working on putting our tow together for Loring.  We need 2 rooms for Friday and Saturday...
Where is the Hampton? Close to the base?
Thanks.
Geo Turner, Geezer Racing
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 09:02:23 PM by geezer1 »
Geezer Racing - (Turner/Herr/Mclellan/Acton/Pranger/Acton/Acton /McDonald/Hascall/Patul)
Trever is in at over 210!!!!!(17 yrs. old) Kyle is in at over 212!!!!! (16 yrs' old)
2 Wins in the Hot Rod Top Speed Challenge in Super Street 2014-2015
5 Different Geezer Drivers set records at Maxton, Loring, and Ohio
We also had the honor to have the fastest Innkeeper in Wilmington Ohio in the Geezer Express
Thank you ECTA and our great LSR Friends! Press On Regardless!!

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2011, 09:46:18 PM »
Presque Isle is a few miles south of Caribou which is the closest town to the base.  I stayed at the Caribou Inn the first year and it was ok though the big atrium pool area smelled too strong of chlorine to hang out there. It does have a restaraunt and bar onsite which was ok but nothing to write home about.

The Hampton Inn in Presque Isle was just being finished the 1st year so I stayed there last year.  It cost more but it is new and comfy and the management tried hard to make our stay enjoyable.  A few employees checked out our event and had fun there.  The Hampton Inn did have one group of racers book 6 rooms and not show up or cancel and the Inn lost some money due to turning people away so they may not do a special deal for us this year. No bar but they sold beer for consumption in the lobby area only and there is a nice pub right down the hill.  There is also a subway, coffee joint and Walmart across the road to cover other needs and a few nice restaraunts in town if you want to binge.  I didn't last year in anticipation of the lobster feast Monday in Popham Beach!

Offline geezer1

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2011, 11:31:43 AM »
Presque Isle is a few miles south of Caribou which is the closest town to the base.  I stayed at the Caribou Inn the first year and it was ok though the big atrium pool area smelled too strong of chlorine to hang out there. It does have a restaraunt and bar onsite which was ok but nothing to write home about.

The Hampton Inn in Presque Isle was just being finished the 1st year so I stayed there last year.  It cost more but it is new and comfy and the management tried hard to make our stay enjoyable.  A few employees checked out our event and had fun there.  The Hampton Inn did have one group of racers book 6 rooms and not show up or cancel and the Inn lost some money due to turning people away so they may not do a special deal for us this year. No bar but they sold beer for consumption in the lobby area only and there is a nice pub right down the hill.  There is also a subway, coffee joint and Walmart across the road to cover other needs and a few nice restaraunts in town if you want to binge.  I didn't last year in anticipation of the lobster feast Monday in Popham Beach!

I ended up booking at the Caribou - they had a "racer" cost that was about 1/2 the regular rate at the Hampton. See you in July.

Geo Turner
Geezer Racing - (Turner/Herr/Mclellan/Acton/Pranger/Acton/Acton /McDonald/Hascall/Patul)
Trever is in at over 210!!!!!(17 yrs. old) Kyle is in at over 212!!!!! (16 yrs' old)
2 Wins in the Hot Rod Top Speed Challenge in Super Street 2014-2015
5 Different Geezer Drivers set records at Maxton, Loring, and Ohio
We also had the honor to have the fastest Innkeeper in Wilmington Ohio in the Geezer Express
Thank you ECTA and our great LSR Friends! Press On Regardless!!

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2011, 07:26:21 PM »
got the week off and a room at the crown park inn.
it's close to town and the track.

franey
bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007

Offline blackslax

• Loring Timing Association
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2011, 08:05:36 AM »
Just a news flash for everyone.  We started a project in late the fall to improve the track.  It has been very successful and I am happy to announce that we are expecting a 24" shipment of fresh whitetop today. :-o
Tim Kelly
Race Director - LTA
www.loringtiming.com
People dont see the world the way things are, They see the world the way they are.

Offline tedgram

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2011, 11:43:44 AM »
Just a news flash for everyone.  We started a project in late the fall to improve the track.  It has been very successful and I am happy to announce that we are expecting a 24" shipment of fresh whitetop today. :-o
   And all we get is rain, rain and more rain!