Author Topic: 95-98 ?/MP project  (Read 38281 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: BUFTer jr. ?/ _MP
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2011, 11:22:15 PM »
We had a good day. Promise I will dig the camera out Monday and post progress. Have one Squirter installed and have checked it with air--We made a change and are using Miller mig wire tips for the nozzles gives us a choice of .023 .030 or .035 nozzles we went to 1/4" x28  threads as opposed to 1/8" 28  hope the main saddle doesn't mind.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 04:19:23 PM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2011, 04:35:41 PM »
Top shows the welding tip we are using for nozzels installed.
     Mid show the aircraft drill we use that goes through a jig we bought.
ther are 3 of them 1 for #1 cyl 2-7 cyl and # 8 cyl shown.
When the cyl is at TDC it sprays across the bore as the piston comes down the spray comes across the piston crown.
        Bottom  we used a small cut off to grove the oil from the oil supply to the slant hole we just drilled and installed the nozzel in on the upper side of the main brg saddle.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 04:51:13 PM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2011, 04:43:52 PM »
205 Transfercase behind AT400 rebuilt by Tony who posts as Crosley.  We will be using a 3/8 steel mid plate which we made and an Alum. frt plate we will also coustom cut to make work for us.

As you can see we are mounting app. 2" ABOVE the stock rear cross member which puts the drive shaft above the stock frame rail.  When we get some more STUF out shop and off the frame we will shoot better and more.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 08:01:32 AM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2011, 10:59:16 AM »
Andy and I did a good bit of Truck Cage research this years SW

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2012, 04:19:06 PM »
This is still a Dream of Andys

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2014, 11:20:15 PM »
 :?

Offline Finallygotit

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2014, 09:34:35 AM »
 :?
Dan
Tucson, AZ

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2014, 11:41:17 AM »
I take it its still in the dream stage and sitting in your yard as it was the last time I was there.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2014, 02:53:43 PM »
That---lol   and maybe I hit the NyQuil to often and hard last night :-D

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2014, 02:55:05 PM »
we are going to be moving truck from Andy's backyard back to my back to my side in 2015 It is now my Truck again there will be a LS motor in the trucks future

Offline Brickster

« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2014, 11:52:32 PM »
we are going to be moving truck from Andy's backyard back to my back to my side in 2015 It is now my Truck again there will be a LS motor in the trucks future

What size LS?
1995 dodge Dakota, C/BMMP

Offline 1leg

« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2014, 12:33:01 AM »
Pictures please.....   :cheers:
Jerry
SDRC Member since 2013

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
Psalm 27:17

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2014, 12:49:08 PM »
don't know size I traded Marty the old LSR bike for an early Camaro 5.7 that burned  it is just block and heads-- the bike is going back to being a dirt bike .  There will be no rush on this thing  I just have lots of parts and I had to sell them or build them to keep mama happy.

What I have is: a built AT 400, a big stuff 3 and  the old 10-12 out of Ratical that has 2.28 gears in it.  it will just have to tell me what it wants.

Offline 1leg

« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2014, 02:42:03 PM »
Do you plan to run this truck at El Mirage regularly or just B-ville?

Jerry
SDRC Member since 2013

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
Psalm 27:17

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2014, 10:23:32 PM »
I don't really know for sure, but I think we are looking to being able to run something that has a more vertical driving position. 

We have not had very much luck trying to run A lakester at El M. ---between Mother Nature and SUCH!!!  I do plan on trying to run there some for sure!