Author Topic: topics  (Read 1808 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
topics
« on: December 12, 2010, 01:42:32 PM »
Jon, what happened to the line under LSR forums we could click on and see the posts we missed????
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline desotoman

Re: topics
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 02:10:39 PM »
Glen,

It still appears on my screen just to the right of my avatar picture, where it says Hello Desotoman.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 02:30:08 PM »
What I see on the screen -- when I go to the Landracing Forum home page - is "Landracing Forum Home", under that it says "Hello Seldom Seen Slim", then "show unread posts since last visit", and finally "show new replies to your posts".  I go to the home page of the Forum when I sign on, then click next the "show unread posts...".  It's there right now -- I used it to write these lines.  I'm pretty sure it's what Tom is saying, too.  Did we misunderstand your question, Glen?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 03:04:03 PM »
Jon, fixed it. the LSR thing was in the shrink mode for some reason. The little -X on the right.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 03:56:41 PM »
Man-o-man, how this world has changed.  I remember making a long distance call as being so exciting -- you'd lift up the phone receiver and dial "0" and ask the operator for "long distance, please", and from there it was a few long seconds, stretching to a minute or so, and you'd hear the person you were calling on the other end of the scratchy and noisy phone line.  And you'd pay a couple of bucks for the privilege.

Now -- Glen's computer was acting up - so he selected my number from his contact list, called me and we chatted about his computer - and other stuff, too - like we were living down the block from one another.  The cost will be negligible, too -- part of the 1,000 minutes per month package for a fixed rate.

Okay, now let's get back to roadsters. 
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline fastman614

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 09:50:58 PM »
Just a great post Slim!....

yup.... it cost 64 ce3nts a minute to talk to my one racing patner in 1971.... and then I discovered that, after midnight it was about 27cents a minute.... and now, any time of they day or night to anywhere in North America.... it is 4 cents a minute with no special plan.... and cheaper with one....

I swear that in those years, we spent as much money on long distance calls as it took to buy gas for the trip to Bonneville and back.... REALLY!!!!! LOL
No s*** sticks to the man wearing a teflon suit.