Author Topic: Front end shapes for Streamliners  (Read 10914 times)

Offline Anvil*

Re: Front end shapes for Streamliners
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2010, 04:12:31 AM »
as far as my molds... hummm lets see the ACK liner, the Vesco liner both the 650 twin and big red, the Braverman liner, the Easyrider liner and the liner i sold to JP.... got a few car liner bodies also
Kent
A bit larger than where I want to get my feet wet but I'll remember that. Likely I'll want something bigger and faster soon enough.  8-)

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2010, 10:32:46 AM »
You might want to build it with a variety of motors in mind, streamlined bikes are expensive to build and require a lot of planning to get all the stuff in the smallest package, you might want to do all that just once.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2010, 11:58:30 AM »
If you haven't already seen it, get and watch a copy of Benn Karne's "Bonneville Wide Open".  It features Jack Costella's 5050 yellow lay-on-the-belly liner bike, and show it - and Jack and rider Andy Sills -- going through tech and working with the officials to get the safety harness all worked out.  I think fire suppresion was also mentioned in the BWO video. 

And once you've got an idea of the hassles -- get in touch with Andy and also with Erin Hunter.  Both of them piloted the bike - both can give you first-hand comments on the belly-down situation.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Chris Horoho

• Turbobikes.org
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2010, 04:08:27 PM »
If you haven't already seen it, get and watch a copy of Benn Karne's "Bonneville Wide Open".  It features Jack Costella's 5050 yellow lay-on-the-belly liner bike, and show it - and Jack and rider Andy Sills -- going through tech and working with the officials to get the safety harness all worked out.  I think fire suppresion was also mentioned in the BWO video. 

And once you've got an idea of the hassles -- get in touch with Andy and also with Erin Hunter.  Both of them piloted the bike - both can give you first-hand comments on the belly-down situation.
Thank you
"Pinky"

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2010, 08:09:39 PM »
Oh, yeah -- if you don't have easy access to "Bonneville Wide Open" - I know Benn Karne is on this Forum now and then - and will sell one to you.  He supplies a very few to me to use as gifts for when we have online quizzes or contests - and that's how I know he's not bereft of inventory.

Speaking of the trivia contest -- anybody up for getting them going again?  We had one response/entrant for the Speedweek top speeds quiz - so let things ride along in neutral 'til now.  Let me know if you want the quizzes back in operation.  The gifts will be the same stuff -- Videos/DVDs about racing, mostly.

Back to front end shapes.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Chris Horoho

• Turbobikes.org
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2010, 08:23:38 PM »
by the way I know the bike you are referring to
this design will actually have a different rider position
I was planning on posting a wire frame of the rider inside the liner but seems that part of the file was lost so I need my father to find it again as he is way more experienced in the UG then I
but the rider will be positioned in the liner very similar to the way someone would ride a sport bike but just leaned a tad more and smaller controls

I do know the video you are also recommending and I went to look into it and will possibly get myself one for christmas

and also thank you all for the great advice so far as it seems to be helping more then just I
"Pinky"

Offline John Burk

« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2010, 10:18:57 PM »
The problem with pointy noses , it usually pushes the ac farther ahead of the cg and reduces aero stability .