Author Topic: Turbo Hayabusa Race Bike  (Read 5201 times)

Offline ccknight429

• New folks
Turbo Hayabusa Race Bike
« on: November 21, 2010, 08:17:29 PM »
Hey everyone up for sale is a Turbo Hayabusa built by Ronnie Mitchell. This bike was set up for drag racing but after doing a little research there is not much difference in this bike and a landspeed bike. A few mods could be done and you could be right on top the game with this super fast turbo hayabusa. I just recently had the bike updated with all the recent stuff. With only 7 runs on the bike it has already been 185mph. Here is a list of everything I had done.

Fully built Turbo motor.
Complete chassie/frame was done by McIntosh.
Magneti Marelli standalone $7500.00
speed cell battery $340.00
battery holder $150.00
injectors $400.00
fuel regulator $185.00
genn 2 clutch $2150.00
wire kit $75.00
relays kit $100.00
fuel fillter $45.00
clutch switch $23.00
clutch $160.00
vac hose $20.00
ing cover $25.00
fuel line $75.00
-6 45 $15.00
-6 st $7.00
1/8 to -6 45 $ 8.00
-6 to -6 90 $20.00
3/8 to -6 $7.00
-6 to -6 x2 $20.00
-6 plug $10.00
rotor $125.00
labor on wireing $1500.00
shipping on parts $50.00
labor fuel lines,battery,rotor,fittings,clutch,bleed cutch out, $800.00.. The bike also comes with a new computer for the Marelli systems and I will also include the old standalone systmes.

So if your looking for a fast turbo hayabusa here it is, Fresh and ready to race. Pass the word if you or may know someone looking for a bike like this.

Asking $25,000 with well over that invested in the bike.

Link with pictures: http://www.hayabusa.org/classifieds//showproduct.php/product/3230/title/ronnie-mitchell-pro-street-hayabusa21-21-21/cat/1

Please feel free to e-mail me at ccknight429@yahoo.com or call me at 443-618-1222

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: Turbo Hayabusa Race Bike
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 08:47:56 PM »
Going to be a tough sell for LSR at 25 K since GSXR-600's have been much faster at Bonneville..Try Psychobike or racingjunk.com

I think the top speeds in the quarter mile on a shoot out bike are about 22mpg faster than that Blue bike right?  What is holding it back..tune up, HP, chassis or the rider?  All 4?

Welcome to the site I am sure you will have a great time here, many great folks interested in LSR!!  :cheers:

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 08:57:26 PM »
What is in your "fully built turbo motor"? Whose head?
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 01:28:10 AM »

Fred I am sure Suzuki did the head the first time..however for 25K it might be a Billet unit?

Online donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 02:13:02 AM »
That's the problem with race bikes, you can spend thousands on them and not get back a dime when you sell. They are just not investments. Each year we repair and upgrade our bikes with $1000's worth of parts that are worth nothing after the race. It is very much like jewelry. You go into the jewelry store and walk out with a shiny diamond ring for your girlfriend for a few thousand. Just try turning around and asking the clerk to buy back the ring. Surprise, surprise.

Don
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer

Offline RansomT

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 07:04:39 AM »

Fred I am sure Suzuki did the head the first time..however for 25K it might be a Billet unit?

LOL!! :-D

Offline ccknight429

• New folks
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 07:46:52 AM »
Hey everyone I understand where your coming from but I am just posting the bike everywhere online to try and get it sold. Was searching for different forums to sell bikes and this came up so thought it could not hurt to post it here. This bike was fully built by pro street builder Ronnie Mitchell. I have only ran the bike 7 times so I have had no seat time or time to tune the bike.

Yes it's hard to get back what you put in a bike but with so much time,money and hard work put in this bike I know that it's a steel for $25,000. Well thanks for looking and if you know anyone maybe looking for a bike of this type pass the word for me.

Offline joea

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 09:43:13 AM »
cck.....i feel for ya......please know that most folks in lsr are good people and arent looking
to slap you in the face.......

more info on the motor and turbo system might be helpful..!

Joe :)

Offline ccknight429

• New folks
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 07:36:41 PM »
Joe everyone has been very nice and seem like nice folks. I also appreciate everyone looking at the bike. It has a velocity stage 3 turbo kit, garrett GT35 Turbo,External 46 mm Tial waste gate,Tial Blow off valve Large fuel injectors, JE pistons,Carillo Rods, Cut tranny with billet out put shaft.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 07:59:50 PM »
CCK, I understand that you're trying to list your bike for sale everyplace you can, but by and large -- the folks on this Forum are pretty close knit and use the "items for sale" to sell the things they've talked about and raced and got help from others and so on -- on the Forum.  As someone new to the Forum I understand that you didn't realize how much we hang out together - and I'm sort of saying -- stick around, be a regular, share your bike's build with us, etc.  Just about everyone here is very knowledgeable about one subject or more -- so you'll no doubt be asked some pretty in-depth questions about the bike.  Be ready to give out lots of details, maybe to post a few photos, explain where you've raced the bike, and maybe the items that would be absolutely required to run it as a land speed bike.  That is to say -- for $25k it'd be a bummer to buy - and realize, once it's in the buyer's shop, that he still has to purchase the required safety items that aren't on the bike.

So - don't be a quick in-and-out Forum guy, just trying to sell -- and we'll never hear from you again.  You're welcome to spend more time here - and be ready to share your fun with all.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 09:04:10 AM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com