Author Topic: MOTORCYCLE LEATHERS NEEDED  (Read 1509 times)

Offline FADED

MOTORCYCLE LEATHERS NEEDED
« on: November 17, 2010, 05:55:21 PM »
I'm putting my son on a bike next year and we are in need of some leathers for El Mirage. He is 6'3" 160lbs. We dont have $1200.00 for new ones so keep in mind,.................CHEAP!
Thanks Lance
I am willing to do trade work for them if your in need of custom paint or some pinstriping?
check it out
 lancespeedracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: MOTORCYCLE LEATHERS NEEDED
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 11:28:33 AM »
Faded, howsabout my old set?  I'll see if I can find a photo.  They're Z Custom, SCTA-approved (have the button from '05), two-tone grey, and include an aero "hump" on the upper back - that's zippered in and should be removable (but I've never tried to take out the padding so won't guarantee it).  One piece, armor only in the basic places - no back or thighs, maybe no to other places, too.

I haven't worn them in quite a while - but take them to every event in case someone needs to borrow a set.  But while altruism is nice -- a few bucks would be nicer.  They cost me about $800 or so new in 1997 or so.  Adolph at Z will probably still have the specs in his files.

Custom painting?  Well, I'm not going to send the bodywork cross-country and anyway, we don't have much that needs freshening - everything is already custom painted and all I might have is a touch-up, but again -- it's a long way from Upper Michigan to your place.  Maybe a new helmet or two -- we both have to get new for the '11 season.  We'll consider that, maybe -- but cash is great and accepted by most stores up here.

We can PM or email about things like price.  And I'll find a photo and send it separately - if I find it, that is.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline FADED

Re: MOTORCYCLE LEATHERS NEEDED
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 12:57:49 PM »
thanks slim email sent!!