Author Topic: GT sport and rear seats  (Read 6859 times)

Offline dw230

Re: GT sport and rear seats
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 12:13:50 PM »
While this is an ECTA thread, the new rewrite of the first two paragraphs in the SCTA rulebook look like this for the GT classes:

5.E.3   Grand Touring Sport - /BGT, /GT
This class is limited to 2-seat production sports cars like the Corvette, Honda S-2000 or Fiero as well as limited production cars like the Factory Five Cobra manufactured by a recognized automobile manufacturer intended for comfortable high-speed driving. A production rate of at least 500 vehicles of the same model for sale to the general public is considered to meet the requirements of a production automobile.

Body styles produced with jump seating for more than two people like a Datsun 280Z 2+2, Porsche 911 or Honda CRX even though they may only have two seats will be considered a Coupe and Sedan and must run in that class.

DW

White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2010, 01:47:57 PM »
Thanks for the update DW

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 02:45:38 PM »
Interesting.  What makes that intriguing is that Karmann Ghia hard tops, the MGB-GT, and I think, the Porsche 912 would all get bumped to Coup.

Raises a question.  Doesn't the ECTA try to maintain some parity between similar classes with SCTA?  A lot of folks run both venues.  Last I checked, the I/GT record at Maxton was held by a 912.   
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2010, 09:05:45 PM »
So it looks like the Opal would be a production or GC----wow
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2010, 11:42:26 PM »
Hence my dilemma, just trying to find a class that the wife and I can be competitive in with out going eyeballs deep in debt. We love this sport, but clarity in the rules makes it alot easier for those of us on a tight budget to compete. Is'nt it thats what it is all about?
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2010, 12:07:11 AM »
Well, the fast-for-cheap options always seem to dry up pretty quickly.  The Camaro is a good choice - decent aero, easy to work on and cheap-as-dirt go-fast parts, but that cat's been skinned so may times, all that's left is the carcass.

But you add that word "competitive", and all of a sudden, ski boats and race horses are looking like affordable hobbies.

Good luck on this.  It helps enormously to have ones spouse on board.  You and I are both fortunate on that front.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2010, 08:29:40 AM »
Thanks for the replies. It aint like we collect cans and bottles to by car parts like dat. But competition on the points standings at the ECTA is quite fun and challenging. Besides you price a decent race horse lately??? :-D
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline tedgram

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2010, 10:07:33 AM »
 I hope ECTA dosn't change rules for GT class's. I was planing on running in GT next year. My rear seats say not for anyone over 4' 8".

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2010, 08:16:08 PM »
Well based on the new SCTA rule changes you and I are out of the GT class " vehicles with "jump" style seat will be required to run in coupe and sedan classes. Time to dig through the rule book. Still got a lot of work to do to run any class safely.