Author Topic: 1973 camaro AA/CGC  (Read 121312 times)

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
Re: 1973 camaro AA/CGC
« Reply #210 on: April 27, 2011, 03:03:01 PM »
Very nice build. Let me get this straight.... I have a 1971 Camaro that came with a big block so If I wanted to run Gas Coupe ( engine swap ) I could declare my car now a 1973 Camaro.... that didn't come with a big block ? Please educate me on this. Thanks

Right...........

as long as it has the correct lighting, spoilers, etc....
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #211 on: April 27, 2011, 03:14:09 PM »
 I wouldn't rely on that only Corvettes and Camaros or sorta "weird"  :-D
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Leadfoot

« Reply #212 on: April 27, 2011, 08:53:00 PM »
That sounds a little strange to me, but I have been confused before...

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #213 on: April 27, 2011, 09:02:58 PM »
When it comes to BBC classification
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline BALS aSALT

• Go Fast Be Safe...oh, and hold my Redbull
« Reply #214 on: May 01, 2011, 04:59:27 PM »
so this weeks progress consisted of picking up the camaro from the fab shop and transporting it to my friends bodyshop. need to take care of a rust spot on the passenger cowling area and a spot at the driver footwell / firewall. once that phase is done, we'll bring her back to fab shop to finish firewall. bodyshop phase is an estimated two weeks i figure in three weeks i'll be throwing parts at her. i have a smaller wet sump big block i might install so as i can have a running car sooner so i can take to el mirage before end of year. gives me more time to set up DAS BULLIT even better. and again have tech inspect and inform me of any modifications needed before paint and powdercoat. and possibly even a license pass or two. :-D :-D :-D
it is better to live one day as a lion, than it is to live one thousand days as a lamb. or maybe it is better to burn out than fade away.

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #215 on: May 08, 2011, 06:03:38 PM »
picked up car from bodyshop and now we bring back to fab shop for firewall completion. then back to bodyshop for roof-flaps. i love when my plan comes together. :-D :-D :-D
it is better to live one day as a lion, than it is to live one thousand days as a lamb. or maybe it is better to burn out than fade away.

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #216 on: May 08, 2011, 06:12:01 PM »
Great to hear. send pictures!

Bill
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #217 on: May 16, 2011, 12:28:02 AM »
bound for home.

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #218 on: May 16, 2011, 12:32:03 AM »
tight squeeze. :-D

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #219 on: May 16, 2011, 12:33:43 AM »
DAS BULLET in mock up.

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #220 on: May 16, 2011, 12:35:38 AM »
and my 1/2" thick steel motorplate. all my dragrace buddies just look at me and scratch their heads. :? :? :?

Offline BackwoodsBoy

• New folks
« Reply #221 on: May 28, 2011, 10:04:25 PM »
Love the plates on the Cobra!!!!!

Great Project!!!

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #222 on: May 30, 2011, 11:46:38 PM »
Love the plates on the Cobra!!!!!

Great Project!!!
thank you. cobra is for sale. check  www.modaautolounge.com and do a search on 2007 vehicles to see the break down on cobra. thanks again.

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
« Reply #223 on: July 12, 2011, 11:03:03 AM »
Hey Jeff!! No updates since may? You gonna make it?
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #224 on: August 01, 2011, 08:18:35 PM »
nope not gonna make this speedweek. hopefully next year. it seems a divorce got in my way. still in the middle of that. i did sell my cobra though and that helped a ton in the parts dept. my custom kinsler fuel injection will be here on thursday. mike cook is delivering my wheels and tires to me at the salt on fri. 12 aug. racepak ordered and paid for. two cars together with the $. that way i get two cars for the price of one. besides, i can always build me an other cobra someday..............maybe. been there done that. think i see a ferrari in the works. but thats down the road. right now, it's all about BONNEVILLE baby. and the quest for MY RED HAT.
hey thundersalt......................you gonna make it?