Author Topic: 1973 camaro AA/CGC  (Read 121306 times)

Offline BALS aSALT

• Go Fast Be Safe...oh, and hold my Redbull
Re: 1973 camaro AA/CGC
« Reply #195 on: April 14, 2011, 12:48:29 PM »
today we are going to start a new thread with the correct year of the camaro. i don't want the powers to be to get confused as to why a camaro with a bigblock would be in CGC. it's easy, in 1973 , a camaro was not offered with a bigblock. so i am making my 1972 camaro INTO A 1973 CAMARO :-D :-D :-D :-D. so there it is. this is now officially the new build diary for the camaro.  thanks seldem seen slim.
it is better to live one day as a lion, than it is to live one thousand days as a lamb. or maybe it is better to burn out than fade away.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #196 on: April 14, 2011, 01:03:05 PM »
Well, sorta.  That is -- I merged the two topics/threads and that allowed me to retitle all of the old (1972) posts as 1973.  Therefore it be said that all the stuff that went before this here post yusta say the older date but now shows the newer one.  There is only one thread.

Got it?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #197 on: April 14, 2011, 03:22:10 PM »
got it, thanks again. i feel complete now. :-D
it is better to live one day as a lion, than it is to live one thousand days as a lamb. or maybe it is better to burn out than fade away.

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #198 on: April 17, 2011, 06:22:27 PM »
That is a nice cage and a first class build.

Bill
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #199 on: April 24, 2011, 12:34:52 AM »
well today was another productive day. the car is sitting on the ground. check it out.

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #200 on: April 24, 2011, 12:39:18 AM »
ooppps. lets try that again. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #201 on: April 24, 2011, 03:24:03 AM »
Aren't those steps that really make you feel like you're progressing great! :-D :-D :-D

Pete

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #202 on: April 24, 2011, 02:14:36 PM »
well i do have to admit pete, up to this stage so far, it seemed every time we worked on it we made good progress. we would attack a task . get it done and move on to the next project. there were three guys on it till now. i have a very good friend doug who has been filling and patching every hole on the car to seal it as best as possible . then i have another good friend jim harris of harris fabrication in campbell calif who is the best chassis fab guy on the planet who has done the majority of the tube fitting and ALL of the welding. then there is me who had the task of cutting and fitting and design. so far we estimate about 300 hours in just the build phase of chassis and cage. 150 hours being mostly jims beautiful work. i cannot express how thankful i am to have the friends i do that are helping with my goal of to them just a hat but i think they understand that its NOT JUST A RED HAT. anyway, guys , thank you, thank you thank you. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: next saturday we bring car home to fremont and stat putting it together. can't wait. i am thinking of haveing it done to take to the last el mirage event to get teched and maybe a license pass. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-o :-o :-o :-o

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #203 on: April 24, 2011, 03:09:10 PM »
That is one great looking roller. Now the fun starts...the details! I owe you a phone call but eveytime I remembered last week it was either 3am my time or 3 am your time. Again, that is a well built chassis. I will call next week. Keep the pictures coming. If it was not for good friends I would be just bench racing.

Bill
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #204 on: April 24, 2011, 03:46:47 PM »
thanks bill, here's a shot of a ballast plate i made. weighs 90 pounds and is held in with two 7/8 bolts and trapped by the three bars above. which will be the mounts for the 10 pounds fire bottles. one bottle per bar.

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #205 on: April 24, 2011, 03:50:16 PM »
roller.

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #206 on: April 24, 2011, 10:53:00 PM »
this should be easier to see now.

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #207 on: April 25, 2011, 01:38:30 PM »
Bill really hit the"nail on the head" it is the detail that take all of the time. I have worked on many projects from building cars to huge machine tools and it is amazing how a project can look so much like it is almost done and from a time perspective you have all of the endless details left to do that take most of the time. Great looking car and keep hammering away on it.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #208 on: April 25, 2011, 03:06:02 PM »
you are so right rex, thanks.

Offline Leadfoot

« Reply #209 on: April 27, 2011, 02:59:12 PM »
Very nice build. Let me get this straight.... I have a 1971 Camaro that came with a big block so If I wanted to run Gas Coupe ( engine swap ) I could declare my car now a 1973 Camaro.... that didn't come with a big block ? Please educate me on this. Thanks