Author Topic: 1973 camaro AA/CGC  (Read 121269 times)

Offline lvsalt

• http://www.dcwaterjet.com
Re: 1973 camaro AA/CGC
« Reply #135 on: February 13, 2011, 11:23:05 AM »
Looking Good :cheers:
Gary Cole     DCWATERJET Z

Offline jl222

« Reply #136 on: February 13, 2011, 01:58:53 PM »
here is push bar main mount

Looking good but you might run some diagonal bracing [probably are] and a bar up to roll bars on that rear piece and make that a combo push and parachute pull mount. Make sure on right height for parachute. :cheers:

Offline BALS aSALT

• Go Fast Be Safe...oh, and hold my Redbull
« Reply #137 on: February 13, 2011, 06:04:04 PM »
here is push bar main mount

Looking good but you might run some diagonal bracing [probably are] and a bar up to roll bars on that rear piece and make that a combo push and parachute pull mount. Make sure on right height for parachute. :cheers:

is there a required height for parachute mount or is there something i'm not think about? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

and yes i'll be adding a few more bars in the trunk area. :-D :-D :-D :-D
it is better to live one day as a lion, than it is to live one thousand days as a lamb. or maybe it is better to burn out than fade away.

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #138 on: February 13, 2011, 06:12:21 PM »
my thinking for the pushbar/parachute mount is to have the Central point be where the gas fill used to be. that mount will be for the pushbar as well as an intergrated mount for the parachutes lanyard. i'll be running 2 chutes and mount each chute between each bank of taillights and lic. plate mount. any thought?
it is better to live one day as a lion, than it is to live one thousand days as a lamb. or maybe it is better to burn out than fade away.

Offline jl222

« Reply #139 on: February 13, 2011, 07:48:46 PM »
my thinking for the pushbar/parachute mount is to have the Central point be where the gas fill used to be. that mount will be for the pushbar as well as an intergrated mount for the parachutes lanyard. i'll be running 2 chutes and mount each chute between each bank of taillights and lic. plate mount. any thought?

The center of gravity height which cam height on a pushrod V8 is suposed to be close. On the 222 car the parachute mount
is about 2 in. higher which puts it in line with center of chute when opened. Our lines come out near top of bumper but still in bumper [about 11/2 in. hole] and are mounted with a 5/8 bolt from brackets off frame. Actually steel cables [used to know a boat rigger] for bolt then attached to chute lines one line next to other.
 Our engine is low so each car is different.

Offline Avanti Kid

• 2006 Member of Bonneville 200 MPH Club
« Reply #140 on: February 13, 2011, 09:10:20 PM »
Looking good and you'll be racing in some good car classes, good planning!!  :cheers: Dave
Original owner of 1963 Avanti; Age 84
2006 Bonneville 200 MPH Club Member
Canyon Country, CA
215.6 mph 289 CI Studebaker engine

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #141 on: February 13, 2011, 11:15:08 PM »

The center of gravity height which cam height on a pushrod V8 is suposed to be close. On the 222 car the parachute mount
is about 2 in. higher which puts it in line with center of chute when opened. Our lines come out near top of bumper but still in bumper [about 11/2 in. hole] and are mounted with a 5/8 bolt from brackets off frame. Actually steel cables [used to know a boat rigger] for bolt then attached to chute lines one line next to other.
jl222, can you show me a pic of your set-up? :-D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 11:32:48 PM by BALS aSALT »

Offline jl222

« Reply #142 on: February 14, 2011, 03:28:01 PM »

jl222, can you show me a pic of your set-up? :-D

Bvillercr might be able to next weekend. But I'll try to explain, there are 4 brackets 1/8'' thick welded to tube rounded on ends and fitted to tube, like this  | |     | |  spacing is about 1'' between brackets and 3'' in middle, then they braced top and bottom of each outside bracket similar to how SCTA wants the roll bar bracing. Brackets are 23/4 deep overall, less to middle of tube. bolt goes thru middle of brackets   Metal tube goes thru body and bumper and two steel cables go through tube through chute
lines and back to bolt :-P  Cables with ends for bolt, made up by boat rigger.
  Pro Chassis then ran braces from outside brackets back to another bar.
 Cables mount in middle 3'' section.

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #143 on: February 19, 2011, 11:57:57 PM »
today was a good day. got alot done. more bars in seat area, finished x brace, added bars from main hoop to shock towers, bars from towers to push/ parachute bar.and a couple braces. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #144 on: February 19, 2011, 11:59:17 PM »
these are shock tower bars.

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #145 on: February 20, 2011, 12:00:56 AM »
and with the seat in.

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #146 on: February 20, 2011, 12:02:16 AM »
x brace

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #147 on: February 20, 2011, 12:03:06 AM »
and looking up above drivers head.

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #148 on: February 20, 2011, 12:08:49 AM »
i know, now come those famous gussets. just like SCTA wants them. and...........all over. :-D

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #149 on: March 12, 2011, 09:28:04 PM »
well i guess it's time for an update. we threw more bars at the car. cut out firewall for engine set-back. now we are installing steering and pedals. next we figure out were to put the bullet. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D