Author Topic: Wings on fuel and gas roadsters  (Read 9015 times)

Offline johnbeck

Re: Wings on fuel and gas roadsters
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2010, 04:01:19 PM »
Thanks desotoman , we call it lead , and lots of it.
nitro junkie

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2010, 04:18:47 PM »
Yrs truly is totally against it.

There should be no OBVIOUS aero devices on Roadsters (Street Roadster, also, huh, Stan).

TRADITION!

Simple as that.
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline Bville701

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2010, 10:55:54 PM »
So, what would be the point of having a modified roadster class????
Ryan LeFevers

701 C/GMR - 216.509 MPH El Mirage Record Holder

El Mirage "Dirty 2" Club Member

Offline johnbeck

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2010, 11:24:20 PM »
Modifyed roadsters are the next step up for fast roadsters and are also very traditional and have a rich history. Sometimes it seems that there is a very fine line between the two classes even though modifyeds are allowed some streamlining , longer wheelbases , bellypans , and yes... wings and spoilers. They still have to have some stock roadster body dimensions and that , to me , makes them super cool.
nitro junkie

Offline Bville701

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2010, 11:45:34 PM »
Modifyed roadsters are the next step up for fast roadsters and are also very traditional and have a rich history. Sometimes it seems that there is a very fine line between the two classes even though modifyeds are allowed some streamlining , longer wheelbases , bellypans , and yes... wings and spoilers. They still have to have some stock roadster body dimensions and that , to me , makes them super cool.

I agree they are super cool, but so are roadsters! I know that there are roadsters out there running wings and they run MR. The only thing that would differ the 2 classes would be the wheelbase length and belly pan. That doesn't sound like too much difference to me.
Ryan LeFevers

Offline desotoman

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2010, 12:27:28 AM »
Don't forget the engine set back.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline SPDRACR

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2010, 01:23:14 AM »
It was just proven. with the proper set up and enough HP(big),that a stand up Roadster (g-or-f) can go 300 plus mph.
Why do you need a front spoiler or a rear wing? If your Roadster does not handle (loose term) fix the roadster, DO NOT
put a Bandaid on it !! Does Vintage appearence mean anything anymore? If you want to go fast with your head in the
wind build a Lakester. That's my 2cents     Eric Eyres
salt is OK, but the DIRT is where it's at!
Proud 2nd generation Roadster Racer
Muroc 2 club, El Mirage 2 club, Now Bonneville 2 club,       All in a Roadster

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2010, 10:05:29 AM »
Desired Rulebook Wording: add 4.cc.7 front spoiler    small spoiler on grill shell or front axle to provide front stability to be in lower half of shell and be no bigger than 60-90 sq"

I think that there had better be a drawing of what they are looking for as the above stated "rule" is pretty wide open for interpretation.

I don't have a dog in this hunt but for my two cents I am against it.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2010, 11:54:41 AM »
No dog either, but I am with the pack that is saying SR and Roadsters should have very, very few aero mods allowed.  What makes them so bitchin is they are what they are:

Personally I would not allow cage or chute fairings.  They are and should be reflective of the time period they are from--a time warp other than eng. tech.  aero primitive and SHOULD be locked down.

Other than Classic Production these are the only classes that are not able to change by the on going improvements in Manufactures Aero improvements. In nearly all other door slammer classes your initial choice of body and driveline choice is dramatiacially going to influence your chance of getting to visit his Honor in in the City of Impound.

If you are attracted to a certain technology or feature then by all means chose a class that allows that in their rules: 

IE for example I am attracted to 4x4 --so special construction and trucks are my primary intrest.  Love to follow, admire,  and appreciate what others have done in other classes from bikes to roadsters.  YMMV   wmts
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline racekid

• 701 C/GMR LeFevers & Jesel
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2010, 01:22:38 AM »
solution add weight

No dog either, but I am with the pack that is saying SR and Roadsters should have very, very few aero mods allowed.  What makes them so bitchin is they are what they are:

Personally I would not allow cage or chute fairings.

But fairings look way to cool  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 01:30:24 AM by racekid »

Offline jl222

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2010, 01:33:12 PM »
Thanks desotoman , we call it lead , and lots of it.

John how much lead do you guys have [55 degrees] :? :-D

JL222

Offline Bville701

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2010, 07:25:16 PM »
JL,

I've head from a very reliable source that their roadster weighs 6200 lbs.   :-o
Ryan LeFevers

Offline yesford

• New folks
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2010, 05:07:53 PM »
Rich Fox, Eric Eyres, say it exactly. Gas/Fuel Roadsters are the direct unaltered link to the very roots of our style of LSR.
As stated, built properly they go 300 plus. Want a wing, go Modified, all desires are catered for.
NO changes needed for ANY reason.
Chris Harris,
Harris Family Racing, New Zealand. B/GR. #397.

Offline gotzy

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2011, 07:06:29 AM »
Rich Fox, Eric Eyres, say it exactly. Gas/Fuel Roadsters are the direct unaltered link to the very roots of our style of LSR.
As stated, built properly they go 300 plus. Want a wing, go Modified, all desires are catered for.
NO changes needed for ANY reason.
Chris Harris,
Harris Family Racing, New Zealand. B/GR. #397.

A big x2 here

Offline tallracerjim

• New folks
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2011, 07:19:08 PM »
GO John Beck, and Dave Davidson!!!!!!!! Oh wait they did go, and BOY did they go. Way to goooo.