Author Topic: Still alive  (Read 2148 times)

Offline 116ciHemi

Still alive
« on: October 28, 2010, 08:37:41 AM »
I have been busy as heck, but I figured I should drop you guys a line about life in the great white north.

This week has pretty much sucked. I had an engineering test, a chemistry exam, and my AFROTC PFA. Now things should taper off, and I have no class tomorrow, and my weekend should be enjoyable. I have a 5k I plan on running Saturday morning, and on Saturday afternoon I will be a tour guide for families trick or treating in the dorms for halloween. My grades are not that great, I am only holding about a 3.0, but I am consistently improving as time goes on.
I passed my AFROTC physical fitness test today. That was the last block to be checked that means I am now officially on scholarship and pretty well locked in as long as my grades don't bomb. The only part I am not happy with on my test was my dismal 11:08 mile and a half time. I have been running high nines/low tens since I got up here, but I just struggled today. Total score was 92 out of 100 though. The fact that I passed means I get my book and travel money now, so that means that in the next few weeks I should be ordering pistons, and new crank, and digging up some newish con-rods. Still looking for a bigger carb though. I figure I can rebuild a carb in my dorm room without drawing to much attention. Anyway, y'all have a good one, and I will catch you when I can.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Still alive
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 11:37:56 AM »
What type of carb are you Looking for
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline 116ciHemi

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 05:27:44 PM »
Holley 5200/Weber 32/36. They are standard equipment on 2.3 pinto engines. Not sure where else you would find them.

Offline Anvil*

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 06:09:54 PM »
Holley 5200/Weber 32/36. They are standard equipment on 2.3 pinto engines. Not sure where else you would find them.

Weber 32/36 - 2000cc & 2300cc Cortina & Sierra    US Pinto usually had the Holly
DGV - manual choke
DGAV - "Aqua" - water heated choke
DGEV - electric choke

Weber 38/38 - V6 Capri
DGAS & DGES versions

Weber 32/32 - 1600cc CortinaGT

Offline 116ciHemi

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 02:03:32 AM »
I think the only real difference between the holley and the Weber was where it was made. Right now I source all the parts for my holley manufactured motorcraft 740 from weber for a 32/34 DFTA. It's just not big enough. The 38/38 would be ideal, but in the American market they are a bit rare, at least in my price range.

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 09:09:20 AM »
Check rockauto.com.  Some of their stuff is very reasonable.

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!