Author Topic: The 2010 Shootout poster is now available.  (Read 2060 times)

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
The 2010 Shootout poster is now available.
« on: October 21, 2010, 08:56:09 PM »
The 2010 Shootout poster is now available.

They'll be printed on 20x30" glossy photo paper, heavier than standard poster paper.

Photos are arranged more or less by random except for the centerpiece, the reason for which should be obvious.  I've listed the top speeds, not the record speeds...again, for reasons that should be obvious.

This will be a limited edition.  I'll print 50 of them and they'll be signed (well, since rats can't write very well, they'll get a scrawled RtR) and numbered.  The price is $100 each, which, considering that's what I charged for last year's poster, is a screamin deal.  Shipping will be free to the US and Canada (even if Canada IS a pita to mail to/from.)

Email me, PM me, call me...whatever.  I'll get 'em out as soon as I get orders.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 09:04:04 PM by RayTheRat »

Offline wobblywalrus

Re: The 2010 Shootout poster is now available.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 11:29:31 PM »
Those are nice pictures, Ray.  Especially the one of the Spirit of Rhett with the sun reflecting off of the tail fin.

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 12:31:06 AM »
Remember this year and this photo, when has there ever been five 400mph streamliners?  This is a great historic picture.  Awesome. :-D

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 05:33:05 AM »
Those are nice pictures, Ray.  Especially the one of the Spirit of Rhett with the sun reflecting off of the tail fin.

Thanks, WW.  It took a while to put together.

I gotta agree with bvillercr that it captures a significant historic moment in Land Speed Racing.  What happened at that event IS a part of history that may be duplicated in the future, but never again for the first time...not to mention all the great stories that went along behind the high speeds.  If it'd been a book or a movie, nobody'd believe it...and then some dickhead would have to bring in the "blood and gore" department to satisfy the great unwashed.  

I still get chills when I think of things like the emotion in the Nish pit when they made the 2nd run over 400.  There were as many people crying with joy as there were jumpin in the air and hootin and hollerin.  And seeing the Spectre team recruit a buncha spectators/bystanders to push the car to the starting line and sweep the area ahead of it for any sharp objects to prevent tire damage.  Then the thing wouldn't turn tightly enough and they had to make several cuts at it...all the while the time was getting shorter and shorter.  They barely made the 1 hour turnaround.  Tension in the air was so thick you could cut with a hacksaw.  Another kool memory was when Rocky grabbed my elbow and showed me the tires that had him leaning WAY over just to keep the liner from goin on its side, then told me the story of goin back to get the old set...and on and on....

I feel very fortunate to have been there.  I made my copy of the poster from one of the test shots.  I have to admit that I signed it and gave it a number of 0 of 50.  No ego problem here.  :)  I hung it right next to last year's poster.  They look pretty good together if I do say so myself.

That corner of my studio is in a state of flux (Utah) and is gettin re-arranged, so they probably won't stay there, but I like 'em there for the moment.

I otta try gettin some sleep.  I'm outta here.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 09:34:20 PM by RayTheRat »