Author Topic: Picture CD from Pork Pie and the use of the picture  (Read 1470 times)

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Picture CD from Pork Pie and the use of the picture
« on: October 21, 2010, 02:45:00 PM »
Hi Folks,

a note to the one which got in the past a CD with picture of their racer at the salt (and the one which will get a CD in the future)

There is always a letter attached to the CD.......in this letter is communicate:

This pictures are for PRIVATE USE like prints for himself, the team or friends

This pictures are for PRIVATE USE like a wall paper on the home computer

For any COMMERCIAL USE, this means, MAGAZINE, WEBSITES, ADVERTISMENT, POSTER a.s.o......you have to contact me over the email address which is on the letter and we have to "talk about".

Also (under German understanding) websites like FACEBOOK are COMMERCIAL USE......you have to contact me over the email address which is on the letter and we have to "talk about".

Especially websites like FACEBOOK - if you like to have a picture of the CD there on, I can't allowed the magazine quality datasize from the CD there on. Here I have to get you a reduced datasize picture with my watermark on.

This is necessary for the protection of my rights on the picture - I had a talk with Ray the Rat at the World Final - he had the same bad experience, that people download pictures and done prints of them without any permission.

Sorry for this note, but I give this Picture CD to the racers with the faith that they be fair to me and follow/respect the comments in my letter.

Unfortunately, I figured out in the last weeks, that this was NOT SO.

I still like to take care for the racer at the salt, but I have to ask for, that all my "CUSTOMER" are fair to me and respect my letter.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

All the Best

Pork Pie
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Geo

Re: Picture CD from Pork Pie and the use of the picture
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 03:55:20 PM »
Thanks for all the photos you take.  I cannot see all the cars that go to the events over the year.  Hope to catch up with you on the salt.

Geo

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Picture CD from Pork Pie and the use of the picture
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 06:17:18 PM »
Nancy and I have been the recipients of much friendship (and photos) from both Pork Pie and Ray.  I've received a few of Pork Pie's CD-roms of photos - and have asked permission to use 'em, post them, and so on.  Lots of his work is in (or is going into) the Gallery here on landracing.com, and there it's in a Pork Pie folder so you'll know who took the photo.  I've got more from him -- given to us during this years' racing season at Bonneville.  I'll eventually get some bit of that posted for all - but it might just have his watermark on it.  Between him and Ray and Bob, our webelf -- the watermarks keep our stuff "ours", not that of anybody that happens around the site.  Sure, there probably are bad guys out there who'll steal and maybe even figure out how to remove the watermarks -- but at least they will be in the tiny minority.  It's sort of like a padlock -- the watermarks protect the art from the honest people.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com