Author Topic: new 2011 rule changes  (Read 103065 times)

McRat

Re: new 2011 rule changes
« Reply #375 on: May 21, 2012, 07:11:51 PM »
It's easy to tell, just smack the driver's window with a ball peen, and if the fragments stay together, it's laminated!

:evil:

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #376 on: May 22, 2012, 12:41:00 AM »
but the plastic windows caught me by surprise.

you mean you haven't opened a rule book in 2 years?  not even to see if your records are still there?
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline Tman

« Reply #377 on: May 22, 2012, 01:04:58 AM »

you mean you haven't opened a rule book in 2 years?  not even to see if your records are still there?

Touche! :-D

McRat

« Reply #378 on: May 22, 2012, 09:39:16 AM »

you mean you haven't opened a rule book in 2 years?  not even to see if your records are still there?

I guess that would be correct.  I "retired" from pretty much all forms of racing in 2010, 2011.  I still did my club assignments at Elmo and paid dues, but nothing else LSR.  Did some minor drag and RR stuff, but very, very little.

I found I lost a Bonneville record by reading the press releases from the Marketing Dept at Ford Motorsports.  Testing in the Lockheed Martin windtunnel????  Are you chitting me???   :-D  

A minor clarification on their releases:  GM, Chevy, GMC, and Allison have nothing to do with us.  In fact, Allison is particular has been a hinderance, not a help.  Not even allowing us to purchase assistance they would give to a non-racing company.

PPE, Garrett, Inglewood Transmissions, EFILive, SoCal Diesel, and other shops helped us, but GM would not even acknowledge we exist, nor do they acknowledge that anyone is racing the Duramax Diesel engine.  It's not the image they want.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 09:49:13 AM by McRat »

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #379 on: May 22, 2012, 10:09:05 AM »
nor do they acknowledge that anyone is racing the Duramax Diesel engine.  It's not the image they want.

I find that kinda funny considering I can't remember the last car commercial that didn't show the car drifting. Sliding the car at excess speed through the corner is how everybody drives.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

McRat

« Reply #380 on: May 22, 2012, 10:39:07 AM »
nor do they acknowledge that anyone is racing the Duramax Diesel engine.  It's not the image they want.

... Sliding the car at excess speed through the corner is how everybody drives.

DOH!!  I didn't think anyone was looking!   :evil:

Not sure if even the Mormon Missile Dmax Streamliner got a Kudos by Chevy for becoming the fastest diesel.  If so, it was pretty subdued.

Offline SteveM

« Reply #381 on: May 22, 2012, 10:45:46 AM »
I can't remember if my Bugatti has frameless side windows or not.  I'll have to send Jeeves out to the coach house to check.

1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #382 on: May 22, 2012, 11:39:24 AM »
  How could anyone in their right mind name a town Festus?  This leads to the question: When it's hot and muggy in Festus do the locals refer to it as "swelltering or festering in Festus"?
                                              Sorry, my Ritalin is just kicking in..............  Bob
Bob Drury

McRat

« Reply #383 on: May 22, 2012, 12:19:09 PM »

Technically, when we set the B/DT record, we weren't "book legal" for DT.

DT is a Gas Coupe class.  It requires an engine swap, non OEM supercharging, or quick-change axles ratios.  The B/DT record we set was with the factory engine (403ci), a single turbo in the factory location (same brand as OEM), the factory Allison transmission, with the factory AAM 11.50" rear axle with G80 locking option.  No Gear Vendor unit was used.

The DT rules are really messed up.  A real OEM turbo Diesel Pickup is illegal in that class.  It should be running BMP instead, where it IS legal, since it is factory blown, it's forced into it and can ignore the Gas Coupe super/swap/gear rule.

We changed axles to a quick-change and ran 2 turbos to satisfy the DT rules in 2009 (A/DT, non-factory displacement)

Offline SteveM

« Reply #384 on: May 22, 2012, 12:24:09 PM »
Local legend holds that the town of Festus, MO took it's name from Porcius Festus, a Roman government offical from the B.C. times.

Before it was incorporated as Festus, this town was unofficially known as Tanglefoot due to the large number of saloons in town.  Festus is located adjacent to Crystal City,  MO.  Together, they are known as the Twin Cities of Jefferson County, MO.  At the time, Crystal City was a "dry" town, so people went across the road to the "wet" township of Tanglefoot, which eventually became Festus.

Legend has it that a name would be randomly selected from the Bible, and Porcius Festus was the name selected.  The rest of the legend is a bit dubious.  The story goes that the townspeople agreed to fire a rifle at a Bible, and whichever name fell closest to the bullet's center, on the last page of the Bible which the bullet penetrated, would be the name of the town.

I personally doubt this story, as I'm sure that it was uncommon practice in the 1800's to shoot holes in Bibles.  Anyway, the name stuck.

As to the other question, it gets very hot and humid around here in the mid summer.  There are a number of colloquialisms to describe these weather conditions, but none of them are related to the town's name.

Steve.
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #385 on: May 22, 2012, 12:43:30 PM »
  Sorry I asked.........................  Bob  :evil: :cheers:
Bob Drury