Author Topic: new 2011 rule changes  (Read 103096 times)

Offline jl222

Re: new 2011 rule changes
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2010, 12:41:04 PM »

Instead of everybody replacing their windows with Lexon, how about a couple of shop vacs on the rescue trailer.

I would like to see this proposed rule [ I hope it's not final] in writing.

I believe we can find replacement windows for the camaro but there are a lot of cars that might not.

Has SCTA takin this into consideration?

JL222

Offline jl222

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2010, 12:49:11 PM »
guys can spend big money on engines so they can put lexan windows there cars too, if you have never picked up  glass on the salt you dont understand the new rule. picking up Glass takes so long, first its hard to see  and it holds the meet up too Iam all for the new rule. LSR Mike our voice is  (come help pick up glass on the long course)

Were's that roadster [no windows] at, you seem to have lots of [big money] so whats the hold up.

JL222

P.S. buy a vacuum

Offline jl222

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2010, 01:04:20 PM »
Dan,  Your taking all the fun out and throwing all the conspiracy theories out the window.  :-o Tony

Speaking of conspiracy theories, google Oklahoma City Bombing, and read how the FBI has never finger printed
McVeigh's getaway car [ reason given, it cost to much] also several survailance tapes from business across street
and around town are under lock and key and never seen by McVeigh's defense, or by anyone else.

JL222

LittleLiner

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2010, 01:20:04 PM »

. . .   I believe we can find replacement windows for the camaro but there are a lot of cars that might not.

Google 'Lexan windshield' 
One of many hits will be = http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/Lexan%20Windows.htm  or see post by RichFox above.   This isn't rocket science . . .

Offline dw230

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2010, 01:35:18 PM »
John,

Do you actually think your last post has any comparison to LSR?

If you want visability to rules and input become involved. I was able to see all of the proposals sent in thru the process and not one of them came from you. I saw no opposition to the head and neck restraint mandate from you either. You have been very vocal with your opinion.

Here's an idea - after the proposals are compiled and made ready for presentation to the rules committee meetings we instead send them all out to the general public for discussion. When you decide that the Internet has had its fair share of time to disect the proposals we can set a meeting date.

Then the reworked rules can be sent to the Internet again for final discussion. When that is done the board can vote and the rulebook can go forward. Until that time no racing will be scheduled for the lack of an updated rulebook.

Let me know when the rules are ready for print.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline jl222

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2010, 02:29:46 PM »

Dan...I'm pretty sure that I made a proposel on the Hans type systems last year, suggesting that instead of
 mandating the system that the SCTA for saftey reasons highly recommend Hans type devices.

I was more involved as a rep for the Speedsters [ Broccoli pickers] when I lived in Santa Barbara and use to go to the rep meetings in Anaheim a 3 HR + drive oneway, sometimes not getting home to 3am.
 Now living in Clovis its even further and hard to find out what happend at the meetings.

As far as this Lexon window requirement when was this decided and what is the wording.
  I also feel that vacuum cleaners would be a fast way to pick up glass and save racers a lot of money and what happens if a racer cant't find a replacement window?

JL222

Maybe the thread should be SCTA rules.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2010, 02:38:26 PM »
I don't think anything has been decided -- only proposed.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline dw230

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2010, 02:58:55 PM »
Stan is correct. Manghelli has the pile of rule change PROPOSALS and is compling the requests into something coherent.

The list I saw had at least three people with the same window idea. Two are participants and one is a chief inspector. So, you can see that all the requests are not made by board members protecting records.

John, if you have a copy of last year's proposal maybe you can forward it. It will save Mike a lot of time he would have to take away from 2011 in order to search for it.

Thanks,
DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline mkilger

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2010, 03:30:52 PM »
they have two vacuums in the trailer they dont work for picking up glass.  The biggest thing is its hard to see on white salt and it go's every were . Troy looks like you will have to get a Hans Device and lexan  windows . :-P

Offline jl222

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2010, 04:08:31 PM »
Stan is correct. Manghelli has the pile of rule change PROPOSALS and is compling the requests into something coherent.

The list I saw had at least three people with the same window idea. Two are participants and one is a chief inspector. So, you can see that all the requests are not made by board members protecting records.

John, if you have a copy of last year's proposal maybe you can forward it. It will save Mike a lot of time he would have to take away from 2011 in order to search for it.

Thanks,
DW

Dan... I don't know if I have a copy but I was over the deadline and Mike did e-mail me a reply saying he would still bring it up

Would I have a copy from the post? I will see if I still have the E-mail

Thanks JL222

Offline desotoman

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2010, 04:14:20 PM »
When I submitted a rule change for next year, SCTA sent me a confirmation email.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline desotoman

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2010, 04:19:12 PM »
What about us BNI only members? where's our voice?

Mike,

I thought you were a member in good standings in both the Sidewinders and Gear Grinders Clubs. So you have a voice.

Tom G.

I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2010, 04:26:02 PM »
they have two vacuums in the trailer they dont work for picking up glass.  The biggest thing is its hard to see on white salt and it go's every were . Troy looks like you will have to get a Hans Device and lexan  windows . :-P

Sounds like you need a bigger vacuum. :cheers:

when we broke our window in 08 most of the glass was contained in the one sided tint.  We put the window in the back of the truck and used a shop vac to clean the pieces up when we got home.   :cheers:

btw: mike when do we get to see your roadster?

Offline jl222

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2010, 04:26:23 PM »
When I submitted a rule change for next year, SCTA sent me a confirmation email.

Tom G.

I can't believe it :-o I found the confirmation and will send it to Dan :-D

JL222

Offline mkilger

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2010, 04:45:11 PM »
Troy the roadster may be at the SEMA show, but at Elmo in May if everything gos to plan.