Author Topic: Covered wheel well=Streamliner?  (Read 10310 times)

Offline dw230

Re: Covered wheel well=Streamliner?
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2010, 03:07:40 PM »
I noticed that in my post above this sentence didn't come out in red:

"Other than top chopping, no modification to the body is allowed."

An important thing to look at when classing a CC.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline biglady112

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2010, 08:09:56 PM »
I never said I would not consider running without the rear wheels covered. That is how I want my car, but if all it takes is removing two panels, than we might as well try.

And by ready my 2006, 2009 and 2010 rule books they all look to me like I fit in competition coupr just fine. There was just no clarification on the rear tires and I was going by hearsay on the streamlining deal. I know my car won't fit in their, I just wanted another angle of approach because I was not that clear to me.

So yea, no tire spinning here.

And Stan, I am quite sure this car will pass tech with flying colors. I have been in contact with the scta every step of the way. Along with guidance from the mountain states group and those that matter when we are at the salt.
1947 Dodge Pickup

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2010, 01:14:23 PM »
"I built this car with the intentions of running time only."

I was not questioning the integrity of your build.  Just making a statement that building for Time Only does not insure that you are accepted to run.  The policies are most liberal, but no guarantee.  (We tried to enter the Indy 500 with our roadster and were turned down.)

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline biglady112

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2010, 03:13:19 PM »
If you look at my build thread, you will see my car is more than capable and compliant. My comment was because owning a record is not nor will it ever be important to me. I just want to go fast. But my friends and family want the car to at least have the chabce to compete for one, hence why it is competition coupe compliant.
1947 Dodge Pickup

Offline Freud

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2010, 01:22:11 AM »
BigLady112, just remember, it's SCTA's bat and ball.

FREUD
Since '63