Author Topic: The LTA transition  (Read 5120 times)

Offline Bob Wanner

The LTA transition
« on: October 19, 2010, 02:57:23 PM »
I would like to inform everyone in the Land Speed Racing world that the LTA has assumed new leadership.  It was always my intent to pass off the organization to more local control once it was established and since The County Boys think they are ready to assume the reins, it will be taking place effective immediately. Mark Sotomayer, the event director and Tim Kelly, the starting steward for the 2010 event will be assuming all responsibilities for the organization. (Tim is blackslax on this forum.) Please contact them through the new website or through the forum.
My status is now kind of Advisor Emeritus, as I'm no longer formally involved in the LTA, and I feel Mark and Tim will prosper with the help of all those that have been with us the last few years.  A lot of work over the last three and a half years went into getting the LTA this far, with the help of a lot of people, most notably my LSR Tonto the first year and a half, Bobby Jepson, and nothing would make us happier than this thing going on for a long and prosperous life span. It was quite rewarding establishing this venue, and the genuine attaboys we got at our events was very gratifying.  I look forward to actually racing my car on the timed pavement instead of running my A$$ up and down the return road all weekend.
Se Ya on The Big Runway
Bob Wanner

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
Re: The LTA transition
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 03:18:36 PM »
Bob,

I would like to say a BIG "THANK YOU"  for all you did for the LTA and all of us Racers that have had the PRIVALIGE of meeting you and racing with the LTA.

Loring, the LTA and all the folks up there have went out of there way to make us all welcome.  I can only hope you get too get to enjoy the fruits of your labor of love and run your car at LTA in the years to come.

See ya around LTA and Maxton,

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline blackslax

• Loring Timing Association
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 09:27:09 PM »
Hello everyone,
This is Tim Kelly, the one that checked your safety gear in 2010.  Mark and I would like to thank Bob for all of his vision and hard work in getting the LTA started.  Without him, there would be no LTA. 

Moving forward I would like to say that the 2011 event will be bigger and better than ever.  Please visit the revised website for more information.

Please let us know of any errors on the site.

Thank you all and we look forward to seeing all of you at the 2011 MAINE EVENT!
Tim Kelly
Race Director - LTA
www.loringtiming.com
People dont see the world the way things are, They see the world the way they are.

Offline Caveman

• New folks
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 12:07:03 AM »
Bob, Bobby, Mark, Tim, et al....

You guys took an awesome idea and ran with it.  Many thanks.  As this month's HRM article describes, the Loring site is perhaps the best in paved Land Speed Racing.  Barring, natural erosion, the pavement will be there for a long time.  Its up to us to bring cool people and fast cars to it year after year!

For any organization, its strength is derived from this:  the enthusiasm and involvement of racers, crews, volunteers, family and friends.  We've got a great start on that...  creating local and regional interest and participation breeds growth and more organizational strength.  On that front, we can focus to make every year better.

Thanks again guys.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for moose at mid-track again next year.

Tony
Tony
Loring mid-track Steward
Anybody got pics from '10 meet?  My camera broke...

Offline tedgram

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 01:18:08 AM »
 Great Job getting this venue going!!  :cheers:
I know the website had been down for a couple of days for updates. There must be some problems now
have not been able to connect.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 08:20:34 AM by tedgram »

John C

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 06:56:52 AM »
Bob Bobby Mark Tim and all that helped get Loring going
Thank You!! This really is a fun event. Just checked out the new website, looks real good.
See you all in 2011, John

Offline blackslax

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 07:54:27 AM »
Bob Bobby Mark Tim and all that helped get Loring going
Thank You!! This really is a fun event. Just checked out the new website, looks real good.
See you all in 2011, John

Oh John, you just wanted to bask in the glow of being our first featured racer. :cheers:
Good to hear from you.
Tim Kelly
Race Director - LTA
www.loringtiming.com
People dont see the world the way things are, They see the world the way they are.

Offline Frank06

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 02:47:03 PM »
Congratulations guys!

And another thank you to the two Bobs for getting the ball rolling.  :cheers:
E-Racer

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 06:14:24 PM »
`i want to thank bob w. for getting this great
event off the ground. what a wonderful time that was
had by all.

i have met and spoken with both mark and tim.
if anyone is going to take this event even farther; it's them.

good luck.

franey
bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007

Offline sabat

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 08:00:18 PM »
Best of luck to Mark & Tim, I'm sure the LTA is in very good hands. I can hardly wait for next summer.  :cheers:

Offline blackslax

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2010, 08:31:06 PM »
Dean,
we have a vid of you on the about the lta page of the website. check it out
Tim Kelly
Race Director - LTA
www.loringtiming.com

Offline sabat

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 10:32:32 PM »
I saw it Tim, love the sounds from the traps, thanks  :-D  Thanks also to Sherman, the videographer / volunteer.

Offline mainespeed

• New folks
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 11:55:59 AM »
Hi everyone!! As a local I would like to thank Bob for bringin this to the County!! Also would like to welcome mark and Tim as the new LTA. I have started a new organization developed to promote and preserve the motor culture in Northern Maine. Bringing together Racers,Rodders,Bikers,Sledders etc etc etc. to do great things for our communities and favorite charities. The Northern Maine Motor Society is hoping to work with the LTA to make events at Loring the best that they can be! A new website is coming soon but for now you can support us on Facebook. Keep up the great work guys!!

Offline blackslax

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 01:44:07 PM »
Hello everyone,

I just want to clarify something with all of the followers of the LTA.  I am not the new LTA! I am pleased to have the opportuinty to help this organization put on a Safe and fun event for the racers and spectators.
Mark Sotomayer will be heading things up and I am working with him.  I just like doing websites and spend more time on computers than he does.  that is the reason I am interacting with you all here, I am our online voice. 
Tim Kelly
Race Director - LTA
www.loringtiming.com

Offline mainespeed

• New folks
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2010, 03:45:47 PM »
Sorry Tim, I Guess I worded that wrong. Anyway, welcome and thank you for helping, The County really needs events like this.