Author Topic: Questions for a newb  (Read 2197 times)

DocBeech

Questions for a newb
« on: October 17, 2010, 02:16:47 AM »
Hey guys I want to break the current land speed record for the Class H type engine in my rotary vehicle. I do need some general things answered I couldn't find online. I am currently replacing my worn out hood with a carbon fiber one, it is oem shape and does not change the body. I also have a mazda speed version of the RX8. This includes an upgraded intake, strut bar, rear strut bar, coil overs, front and rear spoilers. These are all parts that came from mazda on the vehicle and they do read mazda speed on them. Are they legal for breaking the land speed record though? The current one is set at 145mph for the stock class. I have since its an 04 had to replace some parts as well. My clutch line, and brakes lines are now steel braided after the old ones were flexing so much the hydrolic clutch wouldn't release. Does this affect anything? I appreciate your patience and you probably ahve answered these a hundered times but I would like to be ready for when I go and know what to expect.

Offline RichFox

Re: Questions for a newb
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 06:06:45 AM »
None of those things should affect your classification. Do you have a rule book. All of your questions are covered in the rule book. SCTA has no "Stock" class. Production class allowes many engine modifications. Also have you researched the Rotary engine classification used by the SCTA. You may find yourself in a different class than you expected. Read the rule book very closely.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 09:30:38 AM »
Doc, I think your rotary is classed at 3 X the swept volume... so as Rich said you may be looking at the wrong class.  Get a rule book, read it 3 times, then decide what class you want to run at what venue, then read those sections another 3 times.  It is a lot of fun unless you show up and can't race because you missed something...
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 09:45:08 AM »
I thought "Rotary Engines" where for circle track cars LOL   :cheers: :evil: :evil:
No straight line LSR...

Just kidding... have fun and good luck on your build.

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com