Author Topic: Jack Kelly  (Read 3396 times)

Offline Stan Back

Jack Kelly
« on: October 11, 2010, 10:49:02 AM »
From SCTA site . . .

10/05/10:  We are very sad to report that our friend Jack Kelly passed away this last weekend.  The funeral and ceremonies will be held on Friday, Oct. 15, at 9 a.m. at Inglewood Park Cemetery, 3801 W. Manchester Blvd., Inglewood, Calif.  Phone 310-512-6811.  Reception to follow ceremony.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline desotoman

Re: Jack Kelly
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 01:23:11 PM »
My condolences to the Kelly Family. GodSpeed Jack.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 02:21:48 PM »
Rest in Peace Mr. Kelly..

Offline Dakzila

• 1956 Triumph cub
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 02:23:55 PM »
My sincere condolences to Mr. Kelly's family.

Ron B.
"Marred by indecision; vision is blurred, confidence deteriorates and progress stagnates."

"It's not about what you did.....It's about what you do!"

"Regret is part of the aging process and should never be confused with failure."

Offline jl222

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 04:35:23 PM »

Thats sad first Jerry now Jack. Both really good people and true Hot Rodders from the early days, like a lot of us in LSR. Jack will be well remembered by many.

JL222

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 05:43:05 PM »
A loss of a great racer. He will be missed. God Speed Jack.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 06:01:21 PM »
I lost a really good friend. I know that a lot of us did.  :cry: Wayno

Offline glc311

• Road Runners (SCTA)
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 06:37:47 PM »
Earlier this year, when I lost my wife for the same reason Jack lost Jerry, Jack reached out to me to offer support. I knew who Jack was prior but had no personal relationship with him. In the short months since then, Jack and I had become friends. We were always concerned how the other was doing and just what was going on with our respective lives. We sought each other out at SCTA meetings and at El Mirage, just to say hello and chat a bit. I was always impressed with how upbeat and happy Jack seemed. Although our friendship was short I can truly say knowing Jack made my life better and my transition following the passing of my wife easier. No one can really understand a situation unless you are traveling the same path. God Bless you Jack and God Rest Your Soul. - A friend

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 06:51:01 PM »
I lost a really good friend. I know that a lot of us did.  :cry: Wayno
Commiserations Wayno,

He went out with his name still in the book.

Farewell Jack.
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 11:48:11 PM »
I first met Jack more than 20 years ago when he ran the Roadster, became friends then and caught up most years at the Salt. Since I was in the same club as Mike and Dana, I bumped into him alot at Elmo in those days. I didn`t see him at the Salt this year, but am really thankful I got to talk a while with him last year. Of all the Salt Souls I have met and become aquainted with over the years, Jack was one of the finest, kindest and most genuine.Small consolation to know that he and Jerry are together again. Maybe cruising in that old Blue and White 32 Pickup I remember so well.Godspeed, Jack, and my thoughts are with your family at this time..... :cry:

Offline hotrod

• Black Horse photo
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 10:21:40 PM »
I never had the pleasure of meeting Jack Kelly but I admired the Kelly and Hall Lakester.

For those who might not recall the car here are some pictures of it during 2009 Speed Week.

Offline hotrod

• Black Horse photo
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 10:22:23 PM »
And during pushoff from the starting line Speed Week 2009.

Offline GH

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2010, 09:10:38 AM »
A few years ago I was going through engine pumping procedure and Jack was next to us when he got inducted into the 2 club. I asked him how long it took him to get it and he said, "a long time". That's  the only time I got to visit with him.