Author Topic: Willie's health  (Read 64798 times)

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: Willie's health
« Reply #390 on: February 15, 2011, 06:44:25 PM »
Don and Jon

First thank you you so much for what you are doing, I still have some Willie badges with me and will see what I can sell here for Sheri.

Noonan

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #391 on: February 15, 2011, 08:04:34 PM »
Don just let me know about the five (or so) badges he's short, and I've asked him to send the name/address information to me and we'll make them and send 'em tomorrow.  We made a big batch of them today for Sheri to have at the Celebration of Willie's Life/spaghetti dinner this weekend.

Here's an update on how much we've helped Sheri so far - in the way of $$, that is:  I'm not going to tell you how many dollars - Sheri can decide if she wants to name a number.  I will say that the response has been wonderful, substantial, and truly deserving of thanks from one and all -- TO one and all.  The amount of money is large, but even larger is the show of love and support we've given her.

Thank you very much.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #392 on: February 16, 2011, 12:38:38 AM »
Jon,Thanks for the update howevcer what may seem large may nit match reality, I would ask that as many SCTA racing/current members buy or contribute if they can.

Willie and Sheri were willing to take on any and all racers in their pits whether it be for dinner or shelter.

After all whats 20 bucks apiece to Most of us?  We might have to cut back on a beer or three however we have to know that the funds are going to a great cause and that is supporting one of our own.

Please help if you can..one member bought one Willie memorial pin from me for 100 dollars and said to help Sheri out with the rest.. :cheers:

Thank to all involved that have given and those that will.  :cheers:

John

Offline desotoman

« Reply #393 on: February 16, 2011, 01:36:32 AM »
I appreciate everyone giving money for the memorial pin. But I also appreciate all the people who donated long before the pin. In December on the SCTA site it was noted that Willie and Sheri could use some help money wise. And I know there were a lot of people who sent checks for a Christmas present. I also know people used this site to sell items and the money generated went to Willie and Sheri. Those are people who also deserve a big Thank You.

It is not the amount, it is the thought.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #394 on: February 16, 2011, 10:52:51 AM »
Sheri was on the chat line last night, she is dealing with her loss. This Saturday they are having a service for him at the HD shop. She also said she will be at the club banquet to see all of her friends.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #395 on: February 16, 2011, 10:54:35 AM »
Glen,

Thanks for the update..

John

Online salt27

« Reply #396 on: February 26, 2011, 05:58:45 PM »
I just received a new shipment of "Willie badges" today from Jon and will get them sent out on Monday.
Thanks to everyone who has helped out on this.
Sheri, you are in our hearts.

Don
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 06:00:58 PM by salt27 »

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #397 on: February 26, 2011, 07:30:31 PM »
As long as we're on the subject of Willie Buchta -- we still can supply you with badges commemorating Willie, his bike, and his passing from this vale of tears.  We're selling them to generate some money to help Sheri, his widow (eck, what a terrible thing to have to call someone, but he's gone and Sheri now is) make it through the hassles of getting life back together and the bills paid.  The badges sell for $20 each and include, of course, a pin/magnet to hold it on your shirt or jacket.  We can leave off the attachment if you'd like to put the badge on your display shelf or your toolbox.  Let us know when you "order" your Willie badge.

So far we've raised a good hunk of money -- in the high hundreds, at least, but it's Sheri's business, not mine, as to the actual total.  We'd like to help her as much as we can, though, and will make more badges if there's more interest in helping out.  Don (a/k/a Salt27 here) and I have supplies of badges, and Heather, the Gear Grinders secretary (Willie was a GG) has some, too.  All the proceeds go to Sheri.

Thanks, everyone, for your kind purchase of a badge or two.

Here's a photo of a badge.  We've made some black with gold engraving, or silver engraving, and also grey with black engraving, and so on.  You get whichever one arrives in your packet of 'em.  Buy more than 25 and we'll special-make them to your preference of color.

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline MC 1314

« Reply #398 on: February 26, 2011, 08:48:56 PM »
Hi Slim
Any chance that someone could bring some to Maxton in April?

Bob
It's just a case of too soon old and too late smart. Will Penny

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #399 on: February 27, 2011, 11:23:08 AM »
Ah, good idea.  I'll make sure we've got a handful or two with us for the Maxton event.  Thanks for the suggestion.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com