Author Topic: Willie's health  (Read 64806 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Willie's health
« Reply #375 on: February 06, 2011, 07:37:39 PM »
I haven't counted - since John and Heather and Don are all selling them in one way or another.  I know we've sent on at least a thousand dollars - and there's more, some in the Willie account here, and probably some in John's and Heather's cash boxes.

We'll keep Willie and Sheri in mind.  I wouldn't be surprised if we can sell a few at Salt Talks/Speedweek, so I'll make sure to have some with us in August.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #376 on: February 07, 2011, 02:43:16 AM »
Slim..sorry logging in to the site with my phone..sold 3 yesterday and one today...this show is really slow..hope to see more at the next show in Indy in a few weeks..

Noonan

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #377 on: February 10, 2011, 11:17:26 PM »
Sorry that I haven't written sooner but here goes...
I brought Willie home today from San Francisco. The past three weeks have been overwhelming at best and I just couldn't deal with my mind struggling to find the right words to thank all of our family and friends for the growing support shown to us these past few months. Willie will forever live in my heart and soul, and knowing he will live in yours as well, is more than I could ever hope for. He has left us too soon and he will forever be missed. I want to thank each and everyone for all of your continued love and support. I am still a little numb and I am sure that it will take me quite some time to deal with my emotions, so I want to thank you all in advance for being there for us.
I have decided that I will run Willie's bike in May. It may be one run down the track or I might decide to run all year, at this time it is unclear. But I will run his bike in May at El Mirage and I'm sure that he will be there with me,with us....
I can't imagine not ever going to El Mirage or Bonneville again. Willie opened my heart and mind to a passion I just can't seem to close my eyes to. The racing is just part of this passion, the people in the sport are what clinches my love for it. To all of you...I have been around alot of people in my life. We have traveled in many different circles. There are none other than the people in Land speed racing who have touched our hearts the way you seem to have done. For this I thank you. For this WE thank you.
I hope to see each and everyone of you, hopefully in the near future so that I may thank you in person. You are and always will be one of the best memories in my life that I can look back on and say, I was lucky enough to have met each and everyone of you(even if it was only here on this site).
Again, THANK YOU, each and everyone of you, THANK YOU.

Love Sheri

Offline RIFLEMAN

« Reply #378 on: February 10, 2011, 11:30:10 PM »
Sorry that I haven't written sooner but here goes...
I brought Willie home today from San Francisco. The past three weeks have been overwhelming at best and I just couldn't deal with my mind struggling to find the right words to thank all of our family and friends for the growing support shown to us these past few months. Willie will forever live in my heart and soul, and knowing he will live in yours as well, is more than I could ever hope for. He has left us too soon and he will forever be missed. I want to thank each and everyone for all of your continued love and support. I am still a little numb and I am sure that it will take me quite some time to deal with my emotions, so I want to thank you all in advance for being there for us.
I have decided that I will run Willie's bike in May. It may be one run down the track or I might decide to run all year, at this time it is unclear. But I will run his bike in May at El Mirage and I'm sure that he will be there with me,with us....
I can't imagine not ever going to El Mirage or Bonneville again. Willie opened my heart and mind to a passion I just can't seem to close my eyes to. The racing is just part of this passion, the people in the sport are what clinches my love for it. To all of you...I have been around alot of people in my life. We have traveled in many different circles. There are none other than the people in Land speed racing who have touched our hearts the way you seem to have done. For this I thank you. For this WE thank you.
I hope to see each and everyone of you, hopefully in the near future so that I may thank you in person. You are and always will be one of the best memories in my life that I can look back on and say, I was lucky enough to have met each and everyone of you(even if it was only here on this site).
Again, THANK YOU, each and everyone of you, THANK YOU.

Love Sheri

Sheri,
 Don't thank us,we thank you an Willie for being our friends. LSR will never be the same without him,but it would be even worse without you.
 I think I speak for everyone in our community when I say we love you and are glad that we we at least see you in May. You will get all the help you need.
 See you on FB. Don't hesitate to call upon me if you need anything.
I'll keep my FREEDOM,myGUNS and my MONEY. YOU can keep the CHANGE!

Offline desotoman

« Reply #379 on: February 10, 2011, 11:52:42 PM »
This was posted on the SCTA website for everyones information.

Tom G.

02/08/10:  Dear Gear Grinders [and fellow SCTA Clubs]:
This is Richard Parks, from the Society of Land Speed Racing Historians Newsletter at www.landspeedracing.com.  First, I want to offer my condolences to Sheri, Willie's family and to the Gear Grinders.  Secondly, I want to thank all of you who have kept me informed, so that I can inform others.  Thirdly, I would appreciate it if you could write a bio on Willie, or send me a story about what he was like.  The SLSRH is not a blog.  We rarely publish short sentences that tell us nothing new, such as, "He was a great person."  But we do publish articles, bios and stories that tell us more about our history and heritage and the people who participated in straight line racing.  So if you can write something, even if it is just one incident at one event that tells us something special and unique about Willie (and others), then send it to me and I will be grateful to put it in the next newsletter.  If you want an example, go to www.landspeedracing.com and see how we handle the bios and obituaries.  Fourth, and lastly, it's really hard to do YOUR biography when you are gone.  Jim Miller and I find it much easier to talk to you and get you to write your story when you are still with us.  We have asked you to do your bios and caption your photographs even if you don't want them published.  Because your families will want them and we want them too.  I can't begin to tell you how much I have learned by helping LSR and hot rodders write their bios.  If you don't leave a history behind then you have no history and that is tragic for the rest of us.  So please, during the off season jot down some words and send them to us.  We'll edit them and we won't publish until you are happy with "your story."  Remember, bios are factually true, but "stories" can be completely true or even a bit "Ak Millerized."
Richard  Parks
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 02:34:19 AM by desotoman »
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #380 on: February 11, 2011, 12:40:09 AM »
Love you Sheri....see you in May.   :cheers:

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #381 on: February 11, 2011, 12:47:50 AM »
Love you back John, and yes you will. Give Michelle a huge hug for me.

Love Sheri

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #382 on: February 11, 2011, 04:28:22 AM »
Thanks rifleman for all your kind words. I will see you at El Mirage in May. Stop on by the camp and have a bite with us. Just look for the white mailbox.

Love Sheri

Offline RIFLEMAN

« Reply #383 on: February 11, 2011, 08:53:00 AM »
Thanks rifleman for all your kind words. I will see you at El Mirage in May. Stop on by the camp and have a bite with us. Just look for the white mailbox.

Love Sheri

I'll be there :-D
I'll keep my FREEDOM,myGUNS and my MONEY. YOU can keep the CHANGE!

Offline ol38y

• When all else fails, gas it!
« Reply #384 on: February 11, 2011, 09:53:10 AM »
I'll be lookin for the mailbox, see you there Sheri.
Larry Cason
Bakersfield,CA    It's a dry heat!

2010 BUB 1350 M-PG record
2012 Speedweek  1350 A-PG record 169.975
2014 El Mirage Dry Lake  1350 A-PG  172.651

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #385 on: February 11, 2011, 10:13:31 AM »
 You know I'll be there in May!   If ya need a hand on the line, or for anything else, let me know,, I'm available!   Love you all, and miss you all!     Crow.  LFFL
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #386 on: February 11, 2011, 11:47:10 AM »
Sheri, I will be looking for the mailbox and you at Bonneville. All our love from Texas. If there is ever anything I can do for you just yell.

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #387 on: February 11, 2011, 01:23:43 PM »
Sheri,

I have to say thank you, that you used this picture from Willie - I done it, just before the start to qualify for his last record.

This was my favorite picture from Willie, which I had sent with the CD from the 2010 season....and with this I know now that my envelope arrived safe....I'm glad that it found the way safe to you....unluckily I was too late for Willie.

Unfortunately, Sheri, I can't do more in the moment for you, from far away Germany....

....it would be great if we could see us again at the salt.....you belong also to this place.

your crazy speednut from Germany

Pork Pie

« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 01:29:54 PM by PorkPie »
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline rambler jack

« Reply #388 on: February 11, 2011, 02:48:14 PM »
Sheri,
I look forward to seeing you in May.  Jack.   :-)
Temper is what gets most of us into trouble. Pride is what keeps us there
       SCTA GearGrinder

Offline salt27

« Reply #389 on: February 15, 2011, 06:25:56 PM »
I received some Willie badges from Jon today and got them shipped.
However the responce was greater than anticipated :cheers: and I ran out of badges, so please be patient.
We will get more.
I want to thank everyone who has participated in this, and if you have not but would like to, you can send your donation [$20 per badge sugested] to Landracing.Com's PayPal.
Be sure to include your address and indicate gift.
Or you can send cash, check, or money order to me at,
Don Jackson
2683 Scotts Valley Rd.
Yoncalla, OR. 97499

All net procedes will be sent to Sheri.

Thanks again, Don
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 07:01:12 PM by salt27 »