Author Topic: Turk beats Riches with olive branch  (Read 4079 times)

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
Turk beats Riches with olive branch
« on: December 19, 2005, 09:08:50 PM »
Ok, Ok so Keith Turk calls me today?? twice! I was at lunch the first time, but took his call the second time around. It seems that my baggin? on the ECTA has really been bothering him. My guess is pretty bad since I haven?t said anything about them in oh?..a couple of weeks. He said he talked to a couple of people and they said I was a nice guy and we should talk. I don?t know how he got my mothers and my 3rd grade teachers phone numbers cuz there the only people that would say anything nice about me, but hey I listened anyhow. He told me his thing and I told him my thing and we both agreed the earth spun in the same direction. Then we just started shootin? it. I seems that we have a lot in common. We started talking ?bout nitrous, pistons, aerodynamics, and fiberglass molds. He even suggested I come over and race with them! Heck I thought they wouldn?t even let me in the state for all the bad crap I?ve said about them. Buy he assured me that they haven?t tarred and feathered anyone in a while. I?ll take his word for it. I promised I would stop baggin on the ECTA and he promised he wouldn?t send Guido and Vinni over to break my friggin? legs. We talked for quite a while and then I heard his doorbell ring, he had to go. I think the pizza guy was there, don?t blame him.
Peace and grease
Kent

LittleLiner

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 09:29:36 AM »
Does this mean will will see Mr Riches at the wheel of the So-AL Berkeley making a pass at Maxton?  And Kieth or Tonya driving the 1212 on the salt or at El Mirage?

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Riches/Turk
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 09:40:55 AM »
No, Kent, you don't have to worry about Keith sending Guido and Vinny to San Diego.  I'd keep an eye open for Bubba and Joe-Bob, though.  They'll be easy to spot -- look for an old pickup with 'Bama license plates and a droopy-eyed dog in the front seat.  As a check to make sure it's them -- there should be no more than four or five teeth among the three of 'em.  One of the guys will probably be calling the other one "Uncle Dad" -- that'll be your final confirmation.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Turk
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 10:40:31 AM »
Rumor has it that Keith said that Kent is old and wobbly and has training wheels on his office chair.
I think Kent should get on tonights chat line and defend his self from that fake rock making dodo bird from Alabama.

Glen has spoken.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
turk
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 02:01:54 PM »
somebody start something, it's to quiet
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline k.h.

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2005, 04:15:59 PM »
How about a status report on the future of LSR tires, both bikes and cars?  Is Oregon a dead end?  Will the Chinese do a small lot?  Is there a Christmas miracle in the offing?
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.  But in practice, there is.--Jan L. A. Van de Snepscheut

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Ya that is it !
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2005, 09:05:01 PM »
Quote from: k.h.
How about a status report on the future of LSR tires, both bikes and cars?  Is Oregon a dead end?  Will the Chinese do a small lot?  Is there a Christmas miracle in the offing?

Talk about tires. That should start a **flight.

**Spelled the way I want it.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"