Author Topic: Rocky R. and Bruce Flanders  (Read 1947 times)

Offline Black Rose Racing

Rocky R. and Bruce Flanders
« on: October 04, 2010, 12:49:16 AM »
 I didn't want to further derail another topic so I thought I'd post these links up here. Bruce is in the red vest and these clips are from the "Haunted Saloon" live Webcast that Flanders is involved in every Tuesday night.

http://www.youtube.com/hauntedsaloon#p/u/841/AdiXyD2Dz9w

http://www.youtube.com/hauntedsaloon#p/u/842/58fp_kdXj4Y

I would think that the book talked about in the second clip will have another chapter or two added in the next printing.

Offline RidgeRunner

Re: Rocky R. and Bruce Flanders
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 09:29:03 AM »
Seeing and hearing Bruce again gave new life to some great old memories.  Enjoyed the insights on the latest happenings as well.

Thanks for posting.

Ed

Offline Freud

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 11:42:23 AM »
I did a foto of Bruce when he rode Pops scooter. I had fotoed it at Laguna several months before and so I was familiar with it.

One day I had a call from Bruce. He wanted a copy of the shot. When he went for his first interview for a job in broadcasting

that picture was included in the portfolio. The dude saw it, asked him if he actually rode at B'ville and immediately hired him.

That's what turned Flanders loose on the public.

His father, Earl Flanders, was the AMA and FIM referee for all motorcycle records at that time. He's the person that signed

the first licensing pass that Marcia Holley made on Jack Dolan's blown Kawasaki. First step was to be 125 mph.  Marcia

had trouble seeing the tach and she actually ran over 170. He stroked his chin, mumbling to himself, and signed it. Dolan

knows the speed to 3 decimal points but I am lucky to even remember the happening.  

FREUD
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 12:36:22 PM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline bak189

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 01:03:09 PM »
Great to hear Bruce is doing well.......I have always appreciated his work
Question authority.....always