Author Topic: Head and neck restraints.  (Read 19254 times)

Offline Stan Back

Re: Head and neck restraints.
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2011, 06:14:14 PM »
Take a look at the Safety Solutions Hybrid Pro.  I'm dealing with Harold Nicks at Parker Pumper in Mira Loma.  Went there yesterday and the one he ordered for me didn't fit (with a -20 suit on).  He'll have another one next week.  Didn't cost me shipping, or deposit, or anything.  He's sold 100's of them to off-roaders and stock car drivers.  He says the "Pro Rage" is the best for me.  And it's the cheapest.

I decided to buy direct from someone who would fit me and let me try it out, rather than mail order it.  The product itself is on www.SafetySolutionsRacing.com.  And Harold is at racingplus.com or 951-360-0436. 

Stan

(We may need a snorkle attachment for El Mirage.)
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline johnneilson

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2011, 07:33:49 PM »
I am sure that there are several units in trials with SFI, but, the Defender unit is not SFI certified.
I found this out about 2 years ago while checking safety gear.

Best look is at the SFI site and the listings of approved units.

John
As Carroll Smith wrote; All Failures are Human in Origin.

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2011, 08:08:15 PM »
Take a look at the Safety Solutions Hybrid Pro.  I'm dealing with Harold Nicks at Parker Pumper in Mira Loma.  Went there yesterday and the one he ordered for me didn't fit (with a -20 suit on).  He'll have another one next week.  Didn't cost me shipping, or deposit, or anything.  He's sold 100's of them to off-roaders and stock car drivers.  He says the "Pro Rage" is the best for me.  And it's the cheapest.

I decided to buy direct from someone who would fit me and let me try it out, rather than mail order it.  The product itself is on www.SafetySolutionsRacing.com.  And Harold is at racingplus.com or 951-360-0436. 

Stan

(We may need a snorkle attachment for El Mirage.)

Stan. great choice...I have a Hybrid Pro, I drove to there factory,,less than an hour from me and had one custome fit...

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline Tman

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2011, 09:03:15 PM »
I am sure that there are several units in trials with SFI, but, the Defender unit is not SFI certified.
I found this out about 2 years ago while checking safety gear.

Best look is at the SFI site and the listings of approved units.

John

The link to the Defender I posted shows it IS SFI certified. The PDF Jon has shows an entirely new system from DJ

Offline jacksoni

« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2011, 09:19:57 AM »
In another post on another thread, I mentioned a device made by ISAAC.... it is NOT SFI approved but it outperforms a HANS device according to their windburn.... the real reason it does not meet SFI specs is that it fastens to the shoulder belts and requires pins to be pulled in order to exit the vehicle. It seems to NOT be seat angle specific..... I posed some questions to Kiwi Steve and Lee Kennedy as to the legality of running it.... no answer yet but check it out on their website...the link is pasted in below..... they have a video of a crash test side by side of a HANS device.... what surprised me is that the shoulder belts slipped off of the HANS device in the test. So, is that a problem that nobody is talking about in regards to the HANS device?

http://www.isaacdirect.com/

Have you heard back from Steve or Lee about this?
Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
  G/FAlt- 193.934 2021 (196.033 best)
 G/GMS-182.144 2019

Offline fastman614

« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2011, 10:31:23 PM »
In another post on another thread, I mentioned a device made by ISAAC.... it is NOT SFI approved but it outperforms a HANS device according to their windburn.... the real reason it does not meet SFI specs is that it fastens to the shoulder belts and requires pins to be pulled in order to exit the vehicle. It seems to NOT be seat angle specific..... I posed some questions to Kiwi Steve and Lee Kennedy as to the legality of running it.... no answer yet but check it out on their website...the link is pasted in below..... they have a video of a crash test side by side of a HANS device.... what surprised me is that the shoulder belts slipped off of the HANS device in the test. So, is that a problem that nobody is talking about in regards to the HANS device?

http://www.isaacdirect.com/

Have you heard back from Steve or Lee about this?

I have not heard back anything about this device.... I have been sent the windburn on DJ Safety's newly SFI certified device and the other members of our group seem to think DJs system may be the way to go.... DJs system is good for 20 to 40 degrees of seat angle which means that, for us, we can cover all three cars in our group with one system.

I really was hoping to get some info back from Lee on the ISAAC device though. Why don't you hit him up as well?
Lee Kennedy's email address is:           Lee.Kennedy@AVMetrics.net
And Steve Davies' Email address is:      flyingkiwi97@aol.com
No s*** sticks to the man wearing a teflon suit.