Author Topic: Head and neck restraints.  (Read 19255 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: Head and neck restraints.
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2010, 01:20:03 PM »
I heard it was 1100 feet in the air and rolled 4 times landing on the wheels
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2010, 01:34:45 PM »

1100 feet!  Holly S*#!  :-o :-o :-o :-o Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline jl222

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2010, 01:38:31 PM »

Glen...were you there when KC rolled the blown fuel roadster at El Mirage? I have a video buried someplace, he was hauling azz and looking at video after spinning a zillion times a second I was thinking why doesn't he shut off
but it was just the sound taking time to get to camera.

JL222

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2010, 01:44:29 PM »
JL,Yes I was there and the 1st one to him. He spun forever for sure. BTW the Kirk & Stringfellow car did the same thing as Thompson a long flite and a few rolls, Had a neck restraint as well. I think larger spill plates may have spoiled the air when they got side ways and kept them from lifting. both had the same type of spoiler,like a pro stock.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline racergeo

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2010, 04:26:46 PM »
  I just spoke to Safety Solutions and told them the details of the seating in my lakester and my new liner build and there product called a Hybrid Pro Rage is very small and they claim will not interfer with getting in and out of my cars. You can see them on their web sight and they are priced at $595 which is a good reduction over the original Hans. He made a point about seat belt mounting of the upper belts. About 2 1/2 in below the shoulders and about 2 1/2 to 3 in apart. Helps the belts clear the devise and limits belt stretch. Very helpful company. Also sell belts and sheets of the required padding.

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2010, 04:45:26 PM »
Racergeo,

I know the guys at Safety Solutions and they are great to deal with.  I too use the Hybrid Pro  HNR.. The upper harness/seat belt mounting is crucial to be 2 to 4 inches below the top of the shoulders when wearing the device.

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2011, 08:43:58 PM »
I just received an email/product release item from Joe Hansen -- DJ Safety CEO.  First of all I'll paste the text of the email -- and then explain. . .

"Attached is the new DJ Safety Head and Neck Restraint.

Still waiting to do the final SFI 38-1 testing.

Check Out www.djsafety.com

Thanks

Joe Hansen
CEO, US Navy Retired
DJ Safety Inc
2623 N. San Fernando Rd.
Los Angeles, CA 90065
PH 323-221-0000 Fax 323-221-0001
"

And the "news release" itself is a 2.4 Mb Word document that isn't going to be easy to post, so I won't try, but will offer to send it out to any that ask for it.  I'll make it a bulk mailing, so if you want to keep your interest or your email addy or whatever a secret -- don't ask for the thing.  Since it's so big I don't want to send it over and over and use up my monthly allocation of bandwidth -- which I reserve for listening to streaming Minnesota Public Radio as well as landracing.com.  So -- if you'd like a copy of the release, please send an email to me with "DJ Safety" in the subject line.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 08:46:58 PM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Tman

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2011, 08:58:05 PM »
Jon, is it more detailed than this page?

http://www.djsafety.com/sfi_381.html

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2011, 09:09:22 PM »
Yes, and much different.  What I found at the link you offered is like the front page of a catalog.  What Joe sent is a four-page document listing testing G-forces and various standards and loads and such.  It IS a sales document - but seems (on a quick read to a novice about HNR) to have quite a bit of information, including (I think I saw it) price.  I'll email it to you, Tman, and let you then help others here decide if they want it -- okay?

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2011, 09:15:40 PM »
Damm, it's hard to read all those capital letters.  No pictures.  And then there's a helmet restraint for $52?  What's going on here?

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Tman

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2011, 09:44:34 PM »
Thanks Jon, you have a PM with my correct addy

Offline fastman614

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2011, 07:20:53 PM »
In another post on another thread, I mentioned a device made by ISAAC.... it is NOT SFI approved but it outperforms a HANS device according to their windburn.... the real reason it does not meet SFI specs is that it fastens to the shoulder belts and requires pins to be pulled in order to exit the vehicle. It seems to NOT be seat angle specific..... I posed some questions to Kiwi Steve and Lee Kennedy as to the legality of running it.... no answer yet but check it out on their website...the link is pasted in below..... they have a video of a crash test side by side of a HANS device.... what surprised me is that the shoulder belts slipped off of the HANS device in the test. So, is that a problem that nobody is talking about in regards to the HANS device?

http://www.isaacdirect.com/
No s*** sticks to the man wearing a teflon suit.

Offline Tman

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2011, 08:03:21 PM »
Thanks Jon! DJ has me sold. I had thoughts in my head of something similar. Good price and well described.

Offline Tman

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2011, 04:38:53 PM »
Jon, thanks again. I sent the PDF out to a couple of the folks in the chat last night.  :cheers:

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2011, 05:39:47 PM »
Rick Vesco showed up with a defender yesterday.... it wouldn't work in my liner.... I didn't have a problem with getting in and out but the rigid formed bracing pushed my helmet up half way off of my head around my ears and obstructed my view...It wouldn't let my helmet come down into a safe driving position....  I'm gonna try the hans which has a lower profile formed design without that bar thingy, but a strap system if approved would probably be the best for me... i think the key here guys is study the designs available and try them, get an agreement with your supplier if it doesn't fit that you can send it back and try something else.... don't give up and bitch till you tried them all.... find one that works for ya.... I don't want to be the one who drag your lifeless body out of your wadded up POS when you crash.....
love Kent