Author Topic: Passing of Bob "Grib" Gribble  (Read 4428 times)

Offline TonyaTurk

• New folks
Passing of Bob "Grib" Gribble
« on: October 11, 2010, 12:21:15 PM »
We just received word that we have lost one of our long time Maxton and Bonneville racers this past weekend.  Bob, "Grib" to most of us, Gribble died Saturday from kidney failure.  Many of you have probably bought parts from his business, Muscle Motor Sports in Huntersville, NC.  He and Linda raced at Maxton for several years, and he is going to be greatly missed.

Below are the details about his service that is will be held tomorrow night:

Robert Louis Gribble
'Grib'
Robert Louis Gribble, age 67, beloved husband, father, and grandfather, passed away peacefully at his home in Charlotte, NC on Saturday, October 9th, 2010. 'Grib' was the son of the late Alfred and Julia Gribble of Vineland, NJ and graduate of Vineland High School 1961. He attended Rutgers University 1965-1967. He is survived by his beloved wife of 37 years, Linda Longbottom Gribble, and three children, Todd Robert Gribble of Concord, NC, Melissa Gribble Boysen of Delafield, WI, and Wayne Russell Bracco of Millville, NJ. He is also survived by brothers James Gribble of Vineland, NJ and Gerald Gribble of Millville, NJ, as well as eight grandchildren, Kelsey Bracco, Erin Boysen, Brian Boysen Jr., Margaret Gribble, Bradley Boysen, Abigail Gribble, Henry Gribble, and Benjamin Bracco.
Grib was an entrepreneur and former business owner of Gribco Mechanical Contractors in Rosenhayn, NJ; Techtrol, Inc. of Charlotte, NC; and Muscle Motor Sports, Inc. of Huntersville, NC. His interests and pastimes included the NJ National Guard, Land Speed Racing, and Drag Racing. Grib was an avid motorcycle enthusiast.

Special thanks from the family to the great care and attention given to Grib by Lake Norman Hospice, as well as the efforts of the National Kidney Foundation .

A memorial service in celebration of Grib's life will be held on Tuesday, October 12th, where family will greet friends at 6:00 p.m. at McEwen Funeral Service Derita Chapel, 6300 Mallard Creek Road, Charlotte, NC, followed by a 7:00 p.m. Service.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Grib's memory may be made to Hospice & Palliative Care Lake Norman, 705 Griffith Street, Suite 203, Davidson, NC 28036, or the National Kidney Foundation , 4819 Park Road, Suite C, Charlotte, NC 28209.

Offline MiltonP

Re: Passing of Bob "Grib" Gribble
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 03:12:32 PM »
My thoughts and prayers go out to the Gribble family.  RIP Grib.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 03:23:34 PM »
Bob Gribble, RIP and God Speed
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 03:28:58 PM »
We wish peace for his family and friends.  While I didn't know him well, the bit that I did interact with him was impressive.

As a side note - please support the donations for Grib's Hospice if you can.  My Mom (90 and with ovarian cancer) is enrolled with her hospice in Florida and they truly are angles on earth.  I don't know how we'd get by without them.

Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline javajoe79

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 10:06:27 PM »
RIP Grib.  He was alot of help to us on the build of the maroon Thunderbird nascar. So much help that we took one of his records :(    Sorry about that Grib and again RIP
Coffey Fabrication and Race Prep
313 Wilhagan Rd Nashville, TN 37217
615-210-1605

https://www.facebook.com/CoffeyFabrication

Offline iamflagman

• Wild Hare Racing
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 10:23:18 PM »
He surely will be missed we had many things in common besides our love of the sport, Grib and I also had the same age and our kidney transplants. I know he displayed a "Be an Organ Donor" message on his car and that would be something that anybody could do to honor Grib and possibly help an individual that may be out there waiting for a donated organ, you sure aren't going to be able to use it when your gone!

I have had my transplanted Kidney for 34 years and it was a young fellows family that thought enough to donate his organs after he was killed in a motorcycle accident and that saved my life back in 1976 and just like Grib's kidney transplant had given him many more years to enjoy life, I'm enjoying the same benefits from mine.
JOHN FINN
HOPKINS, SC
1984 VW RABBIT GTI
16V SCIROCCO CONVERSION
G/GSS LAND SPEED RACER
SM SCCA TT / AUTOCROSS
Check out my "WILD HARE RACING" Land Speed Racing Rabbit album at;
http://www.pbase.com/iamflagman/wild_hare_racing_land_speed_racing_rabbit
EAST COAST TIMING ASSOCIATION
I MAY BE GETTING OLDER.............BUT I REFUSE TO GROW UP!!
Shhhh........be vewy, vewy quiet........we are wacing a wabbit!!!!