Author Topic: Attention - Picture CD from Pork Pie  (Read 1778 times)

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Attention - Picture CD from Pork Pie
« on: September 26, 2010, 02:04:21 PM »
Folks,

during Speedweek and World of Speed I gave me 2009 season picture CD to some of our racer at the salt.

Also during WoS I heard that two "customers" couldn't read the CD.

This surprised, due to this that I check the CD twice on different system after the are burned and print.
Also I know from other that they could read the CD's. The CD's are burned with a Window 7 PC.

I discussed the possible problems with our computer nerd Ray the Rat - currently we have no idea:

At first.

1. If you got the CD in the CD drive and the computer like to finalize the CD - stop this function with getting on "NO".....this CD is finalized.....if you let them finalize from your PC again, the CD is dead......

2. Some virus scanner request to scan the CD....allowed this.....some virus scanner are ban the CD from use if you let them not scan.

If you got trouble with your CD, go to a proper computer store....ask if they can try to open the CD (best on a Samsung) - when it work, let them download on a USB stick. So you can copy the picture on your PC and if necessary burn another CD.

If there is no chance to open the CD get me a PM.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Freud

Re: Attention - Picture CD from Pork Pie
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 02:28:20 PM »
Pork Pie, Ray has much more experience than do I but if there is someone in the Pacific Northwest

that needs an assist, have them contact me.

I'll do what I can for them. The CD that you sent me opens and views very well on this Mac PowerBook.

I also have the PC that feeds www.target550.com information.

I can check them either way.

FREUD

Drfreud99@aol.com
Since '63

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 02:38:34 PM »
Freud,

my old friend, thank you for the offer.

Ray and I we know that the problem is mostly a hardware problem....older PC - the Power Point which you and Ray got, works also on Ray's PC, also I showed this picture book in my office on a totally different system/configuration.....other of my "customer" who got there personal picture CD from the 2009 season had no problem to read them.....

I only like to take care, that the one who had by any reason a problem with the CD will be happy at last.....  :roll:...oops, see this is my blow up...... :|
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Freud

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 03:30:48 PM »
You are welcome.

F
Since '63