Author Topic: anything goes ?  (Read 3457 times)

Offline hawkwind

anything goes ?
« on: December 16, 2005, 12:47:35 AM »
I have read a posting on the DLRA site , about the BUB event , the author  was Borris Murry ( WOW what a rider ) and one of his statements  instantly go my attention,  his statement  "anything can run no matter what!the fastest time turned by anything recieves $10,000" is this true ?? I hope so  :D  I would be very interested in doing this event  if the above statement is true  ,and so would others down here  :wink:
Gary
slower than most

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: anything goes ?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 02:41:22 AM »
Quote from: hawkwind
I have read a posting on the DLRA site , about the BUB event , the author  was Borris Murry ( WOW what a rider ) and one of his statements  instantly go my attention,  his statement  "anything can run no matter what!the fastest time turned by anything recieves $10,000" is this true ?? I hope so  :D  I would be very interested in doing this event  if the above statement is true  ,and so would others down here  :wink:
Gary

Tell him to "bring it" it would be great to have others show up from around the world, the $ 10,000.00 was for 5K for the fastest "open" bike and 5K for the fastest time of the meet, usually a streamliner (Sam) however on the shorter course an "open" bike was a little faster .... :wink:  remind him it must fit a class, pass tech and be piston powered.... :wink:

Offline hawkwind

anything goes ?
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 05:02:09 AM »
John ,Borris Murray is an (old school) American drag racer and bike builder , here is the most insane pic I have ever seen , Borris  riding a twin nitro triumph ,no gears  and a skinny tyre ,  :shock:  :shock:

so what classes ,and most importantly could I run a dustbin faired and long boatailed  bike ??? Im only interested if this is possible  :D , I'd have to win the cash to pay for the trip :wink:
Gary
slower than most

Offline k.h.

anything goes ?
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 09:28:06 AM »
http://www.speedtrialsbybub.com/index-2005.html

Shows the 2005 pay-outs and for what.  

You can email BUB and ask about bringing a dustbin/aero unit, maybe for the "Run What You Brung" class.  The worst that can happen is they say no.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.  But in practice, there is.--Jan L. A. Van de Snepscheut